PDA

View Full Version : This year's LV april fools? MIssed it

Matt Lau
04-02-2019, 3:08 PM
Hey Creekers,

I look forward to the LV april fool tool every year.

However, I missed it yesterday.
Between moving to a new place, and lots of work, and hiring more staff....I collapsed into a little pile of mush afterwards.

Do you know where I can find it?

-Matt

Bill Carey
04-02-2019, 3:21 PM
here's a link to all of the past ones: LINK (http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p=75235&cat=1,46158,75230&ap=1)
can't find this years.

Pat Barry
04-02-2019, 8:23 PM
April fools jokes are always better when they are a surprise. The annual joke isn't quite as good because there isn't the element of actual surprise.

Stew Denton
04-02-2019, 8:47 PM
Bill,

Thanks for posting the link. It is a hoot. I watched a couple, and the one on Building a Veritas custom Bench Plane made me really laugh.

Stew

John K Jordan
04-03-2019, 9:17 AM
Matt, I asked them and they replied they are not making one this year.

Some discussion here: https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?273269-no-more-Lee-Valley-AFD-tools

JKJ

Hey Creekers,

I look forward to the LV april fool tool every year.

However, I missed it yesterday.
Between moving to a new place, and lots of work, and hiring more staff....I collapsed into a little pile of mush afterwards.

Do you know where I can find it?

-Matt

Bob Glenn
04-03-2019, 9:56 AM
Just pick up any Rockler cataloge and peruse.

brian zawatsky
04-03-2019, 1:28 PM
Just pick up any Rockler cataloge and peruse.

LOL!! Good one Bob

Matt Lau
04-03-2019, 5:42 PM
Bummer. Hope that Rob Lee is doing alright.

I hope that the family is managing well after Leonard's gone.

Rob Lee
04-07-2019, 4:04 PM
Hi Matt -

Thanks for the concern - all's good here. Right now, Veritas has a backlog of orders that were working through - and we felt the optics of devoting time to April Fools Day was bad. There WILL be one next year though.... as we're on track to be back on track.... :)

We've installed two new CNC grinders in the past two months, with a large mill and high speed lathe coming in as well. We've spent the past 12 months training and re-organizing workflow to ensure we are operating efficiently before we scale up again.

Once we get the equipment in place, we'll be able to open the tap on new product again.... we have quite a backlog of projects waiting for machine time!

All good problems to have...

Cheers -

Rob

Matt Lau
04-10-2019, 5:00 PM
Hey Rob,

Much regards to the family. May you have a great year.

Edwin Santos
04-10-2019, 5:15 PM
Bummer. Hope that Rob Lee is doing alright.

I hope that the family is managing well after Leonard's gone.

No doubt, Leonard Lee was a legend.

But if you ask me, Lee Valley has only been moving onward and upward since his passing. One of my favorite developments has been their Nevada distribution center which gets orders delivered much more quickly to those of us in the western half of the US.

Wish they would give us some easter egg clues as to what might be in the new product pipeline.....

Edwin