PDA

View Full Version : Anybody using Bessey GearKlamps?

Paul F Franklin
04-01-2019, 2:40 PM
Thinking about picking some of these up and wonder how they compare to other F-style clamps?

It seems like they would be convenient for clamping stuff to the bench top since you don't have to reach around the bar to tighten the clamp underneath the bench.

Thoughts?

Tony Zaffuto
04-01-2019, 2:44 PM
Thinking about picking some of these up and wonder how they compare to other F-style clamps?

It seems like they would be convenient for clamping stuff to the bench top since you don't have to reach around the bar to tighten the clamp underneath the bench.

Thoughts?

I bought 4, I believe 12" long. My thoughts were the same as yours, but since buying them several months ago, I only reached for them a single time, when I ran out of all other clamps. In other words, I'm at best neutral towards them.

Bruce Page
04-01-2019, 3:19 PM
It has about 1/3rd the clamping pressure of the K body. I don’t see the advantage.
A solution looking for a problem?

Jim Becker
04-02-2019, 11:43 AM
These caught my eye while watching a few of April Wilkerson's videos. The advantage is being able to close them in tight quarters because of how they operate. Yes, they don't have the pressure of some other formats, but when used for their intended purposes, they can be quite handy. I'll likely buy a few for utility for that reason.

Jamie Buxton
04-02-2019, 1:51 PM
I have two. They do fill a need in my shop. They get the handle out of my way for some operations. Unfortunately they do feel flimsy; there’s a lot of plastic in them. They’re not a replacement for regular F clamps.