PDA

View Full Version : Second hand shops around Yardley, PA 19067?

Bram de Jong
03-31-2019, 9:25 AM
Hey all,

One of my colleagues is going to his folks in the states and I was wondering if you have any recommendations for interesting 2nd places for woodworking gear around his address.

Any hints very welcome!

Bram

Kevin Hampshire
03-31-2019, 10:12 AM
Bram, Did someone make a similar trip a few years ago?

I lived in this area several years ago. There are tools to be had in this part of Pennsylvania and New Jersey. I don’t know of any specific dealers that concentrate on selling tools, but I would not be surprised if there were some who had more than a few old tools on hand.

Unfortunately, it may require time and “leg work” to locate suitable sources.

Now, if they’ll head down to the Pittsboro area of North Carolina, there is a shop full of old hand tools!

My best suggestion may be to contact a few woodworking retailers in that part of PA and NJ, such as MLCS router bits or a local Woodcraft or Rockler store to see if they (or some of the employees) happen to know of any dealers like you’re looking for.

You also could try a hardwood vendor or some of the woodworking schools in that area. I know Lie-Nielsen has done some hand tool events near there. Whatever venue they (LN) used will know about hand tools in the area.

Brian Holcombe
03-31-2019, 2:49 PM
The Golden Nugget on the weekends.