PDA

View Full Version : Fiber Cross Slide Table

Julian Ashcroft
03-31-2019, 7:55 AM
I was looking for a way of positioning items on my fiber laser especially for repeat engraving and came across this cheap cross slide on Amazon (£22.00 delivered). The cross Slide mounting holes lined up with the holes in the laser bed. I cut a small piece of L shaped Perspex to use as a positioning guide. Seems to work fine.

John Lifer
03-31-2019, 10:52 AM
nice, and much cheaper than my XY that I bought with my laser. (I think it was about $100) Any X Y helps considerably. I use all sorts of things to position my items. I'm doing some really small items that aren't flat on the bottom and have an odd shape that the customer wants logo in particular direction. Multiple different parts, so I ended up 3d printing (cause I could) some little boxes to hold some non hardening modelling clay. I press the first part into it, and remove with a sharp metal prick. Pick and place is about 3 seconds, engraving 2, and removing from the dangety dang zip lock bag takes me 15 more.....

Trevor HinzeNE
03-31-2019, 8:42 PM
Very nice find, just ordered one, here in the US it was 31 dollars US with 2 day prime shipping. Thanks for the heads up!

Kev Williams
03-31-2019, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the idea :) -- I just bought me one, not exactly that one, a bit bigger one I found on ebay. I put a very small logo and hash marks on a variety of different parts with critical alignment, and moving the part via a slide table would be easier than moving the engraving in .05mm increments, and with less risk of screwing up separated parts of on-screen graphics :)