PDA

View Full Version : Excalibur Rip Fence Mount

Zach Dorsch
03-30-2019, 9:09 AM
Hello!

I recently acquired an Excalibur rip fence without the mounting jig. The rails require drill holes in the table top for mounting, so measurements are fairly critical.

Does anyone have this fence and/or the mounting jig that they could measure the distance from the saw table top to the mounting holes? The jig seems like nothing more than a pience of angle iron with a hole--so nothing complex on that end.

This is the fence: https://www.woodmagazine.com/review/saws/tablesaw-accessories/rip-fences/excalibur-extt4578-rip-fence

I have the instructions from vintage machinery and they only include the drill bit size, not the actual dimensions for the mounting holes or jig.

Fence instructions: http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/detail.aspx?id=6160

Thanks,

Zach

Joe Hollis
03-30-2019, 3:19 PM
Hello Zach,

I have the Excalibur fence (the old Canadian-made version by Sommerville Design) mounted on my table saw, and also have the small metal fence rail drill hole jig - somewhere. I will dig it out and message you later today on this.

Regards,

Joe H.

Zach Dorsch
03-30-2019, 4:31 PM
Thank you Joe!

Hello Zach,

I have the Excalibur fence (the old Canadian-made version by Sommerville Design) mounted on my table saw, and also have the small metal fence rail drill hole jig - somewhere. I will dig it out and message you later today on this.

Regards,

Joe H.

David Utterback
03-31-2019, 3:30 PM
I do not remember the installation on my PM66 to be at all difficult. Maybe it attached at hole locations already there. The alignment tool could easily be fabricated. Just be sure to use a center punch prior to drilling. Good luck

David Utterback
03-31-2019, 4:15 PM
The mounting bolts can be positioned anywhere along the length of the rails. I just used the holes used with previous fences.

Zach Dorsch
03-31-2019, 9:39 PM
David,

The original fence holes on my unisaw do not seem to work with the Excalibur fence. The rear holes are not accessible with the top mounted to the cabinet, so I’ll need to remove the top to see how the fence fits. I would drill the wings, but they taper up (narrow) toward the far end and look as though there is not enough vertical space for a hole to be drilled.

I’m hoping that someone with an Excalibur fence can measure the vertical distance from the table top for the rail mounting holes or can provide dimensions for the jig. At that point I can make my own jig and drill into my table top.

Zach