PDA

View Full Version : Attention northerners!

Kirk (KC) Constable
12-08-2005, 6:59 AM
You're letting the cold get away! It's not supposed to be in the 20s in San Antonio. :mad:

Happy to call myself a 'former' Hooiser... :p

KC

Glenn Clabo
12-08-2005, 7:23 AM
20"s ? We just call that refreshing air.

Karl Laustrup
12-08-2005, 8:13 AM
So which way do you want us to point our fans. :D I think most of us here have them pointed south right now.

You know us cheeseheads are really nice folks and we like to share. :D

Karl

John Miliunas
12-08-2005, 8:22 AM
So which way do you want us to point our fans. :D I think most of us here have them pointed south right now.

Karl

Yeah, I for one, am looking for a much larger fan to help out a bit more!:D :cool:

Tyler Howell
12-08-2005, 8:35 AM
May have to think about shirt sleaves before too long. Gettin a little brisk!;)

David Wilson
12-08-2005, 8:50 AM
KC

I know a good store to buy some longjohns.

Andy Hoyt
12-08-2005, 9:10 AM
Okay, so send it back up here. In exchange I send you all of the 8 degrees I got now.

Steve Ash
12-08-2005, 9:15 AM
:D I think most of us here have them pointed south right now.

Karl

Karl....Stop it! You are pulling that cold air down from Canada....:)
Ditto on the cheesehead comment...I'd like to share some warm air with someone....I got to work out in this stuff.

John Miliunas
12-08-2005, 9:15 AM
Okay, so send it back up here. In exchange I send you all of the 8 degrees I got now.

LOL... That's 4° warmer than what we have!!! :D Yesterday morning, as I was leaving for work, it was a balmy -17°f. Rumor has it, we may actually hit freezing this weekend. First time in over a week!:) :cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
12-08-2005, 9:16 AM
KC...my youngest and his wife live in San Antonio.....He called tickled pink that he had ice on his car and it was in the 20's! She a native Floridian can wait to get back to the Pacific Northwest. She loves the cold ...He does too! Different people different perspectives!

Karl Laustrup
12-08-2005, 9:27 AM
Karl....Stop it! You are pulling that cold air down from Canada....:)

Just trying to insure that we have "FROZEN TUNDRA". :D

Any body heard from Pesh? He must have icicles hanging off his everywhere by now. :eek: :D Maybe his keyboard is frozen.

Or maybe he went south to Oak Creek for the winter. ;) :D

Karl

Rob Bourgeois
12-08-2005, 9:27 AM
I need to rethink this possible future move to Milwaukee...

Karl Laustrup
12-08-2005, 9:29 AM
Hey Rob,

You've got to remember that Milwaukee, being on the lake, is much warmer than us inlanders.

It's at least 5-7 degrees warmer over there. :eek: :D

Steve Ash
12-08-2005, 9:34 AM
Just trying to insure that we have "FROZEN TUNDRA". :D ;) :D

Karl

Unfortunately I think our team has been playing like frozen snowmen....always next year. I'm almost done with my new logo for this year anyway.

John Miliunas
12-08-2005, 9:43 AM
Unfortunately I think our team has been playing like frozen snowmen....always next year. I'm almost done with my new logo for this year anyway.

Ohhhhhh Steve...Don't rub it in!!!! :o Bad enough they're playin' like a bunch 'o girls!:eek: Awww, who am I kidding? We could probably find a bunch 'o girls who could beat them this year!:D :cool:

Dennis Peacock
12-08-2005, 9:44 AM
Thanks guys.....I appreciate the sleet and snow we got last night. I like the funny looking stuff..!!!!!:D

Andy Hoyt
12-08-2005, 9:46 AM
LOL... That's 4° warmer than what we have!!! :D Yesterday morning, as I was leaving for work, it was a balmy -17°f. Rumor has it, we may actually hit freezing this weekend. First time in over a week!:) :cool:

Yeah, but that was inside the house:D

Steve Ash
12-08-2005, 9:50 AM
Thanks guys.....I appreciate the sleet and snow we got last night. I like the funny looking stuff..!!!!!:D

Well, we'd be happy to send you a big bunch for Christmas

Rob Bourgeois
12-08-2005, 9:55 AM
Ohhhhhh Steve...Don't rub it in!!!! :o Bad enough they're playin' like a bunch 'o girls!:eek: Awww, who am I kidding? We could probably find a bunch 'o girls who could beat them this year!:D :cool:

They whipped my team really really really reallly bad. Poor Saints.

Carl Eyman
12-08-2005, 10:02 AM
Rob: You'll love Milwaukee. That is, in the summer and fall. But what do you do the other 48 weeks of the year?

Rob Bourgeois
12-08-2005, 10:27 AM
Carl...right now any place has got to be better than middle of no where here.:mad:

We wont know for a while. It would be next fiscal year before anything is decided but its the only possiblity right now.

I actually like the cold. I just hate the rain with the cold, snow would be differnt and I love snow...at least I think I do.:o

John Miliunas
12-08-2005, 10:36 AM
Actually, Rob, Milwaukee is kind of a neat place. It has a lot of the "big city" attributes without being real big and, not quite all the "bad" connotations, which are usually associated with big cities. There's a lot of culture there, conveniences and, of course, the lake.:) One of the things which I personally like about Milwaukee is the ability to leave the city in pretty short order. What I mean is, if you happen to live in the city, it's only a matter of 20 to 30 minutes in most any direction but East, and you can hit pretty countryside views. I'm not a fan of any city living, so for me, that becomes a pretty important attribute. That said, the reverse is then also true. One can easily like in the country or one of the surrounding "burbs" and make it into the city in a reasonable amount of time for work, shopping, etc...:) :cool:

Karl Laustrup
12-08-2005, 10:48 AM
Actually, Rob, Milwaukee is kind of a neat place. It has a lot of the "big city" attributes without being real big and, not quite all the "bad" connotations, which are usually associated with big cities. There's a lot of culture there, conveniences and, of course, the lake.:) One of the things which I personally like about Milwaukee is the ability to leave the city in pretty short order. What I mean is, if you happen to live in the city, it's only a matter of 20 to 30 minutes in most any direction but East, and you can hit pretty countryside views. I'm not a fan of any city living, so for me, that becomes a pretty important attribute. That said, the reverse is then also true. One can easily like in the country or one of the surrounding "burbs" and make it into the city in a reasonable amount of time for work, shopping, etc...:) :cool:

Spring,

You've got to stop making this life up here sound so nice. :( Next thing you know we'll have all them thar southerners moving up here and they'll want heat in the winter and A/C in the summer. And then they'll want indoor plumbing too. :eek: And who knows what all they'll want. ;) :D

Karl

Rob Bourgeois
12-08-2005, 11:06 AM
Whats indoor plumbing?:p

Andy Hoyt
12-08-2005, 11:15 AM
Whats indoor plumbing?:p

That's when the outhouse has a roof

Rob Bourgeois
12-08-2005, 11:19 AM
You have outhouses too, we dont have to use the tree..wow..:rolleyes:

tod evans
12-08-2005, 11:29 AM
ya`ll quit pickin` on us hillbillies.

John Miliunas
12-08-2005, 11:34 AM
Hey, we gots hills here, too! Some big uns!!!:D :cool:

tod evans
12-08-2005, 11:35 AM
yeah but do ya`ll make sport of chasing your sisters?

John Miliunas
12-08-2005, 11:38 AM

Dang it...You got us there!:eek: :D :cool:

tod evans
12-08-2005, 11:41 AM
i`d best be careful, some of the other folks in this neck of the woods may come a-huntin` this ol-boy....... joke em if they can`t take a ..........:)

Steve Ash
12-08-2005, 12:05 PM

yeah but we gotta get em drunk first....

Bruce Page
12-08-2005, 1:27 PM
boy, I hear ya. it was 13 degrees in my backyard this morning!

John Miliunas
12-08-2005, 1:42 PM
boy, I hear ya. it was 13 degrees in my backyard this morning!

13°??? In New Mexico???:confused: You guys don't normally get that low, do you??? OTOH, if you like it, we can supply you with plenty more!:) :cool:

Bruce Page
12-08-2005, 2:09 PM
13°??? In New Mexico???:confused: You guys don't normally get that low, do you??? OTOH, if you like it, we can supply you with plenty more!:) :cool:

John, 13 degrees is not common but not unheard of. We are at 5000 feet elv.
When I lived in Los Alamos back in the mid '70's we had one storm dump 37" of snow and it was sub-zero for over a week. I had just moved there from southern California - what an eye opener!

John Miliunas
12-08-2005, 2:22 PM
John, 13 degrees is not common but not unheard of. We are at 5000 feet elv.
When I lived in Los Alamos back in the mid '70's we had one storm dump 37" of snow and it was sub-zero for over a week. I had just moved there from southern California - what an eye opener!

Mother Nature, at her "best", heh???:D Stay warm!:) :cool:

Lee DeRaud
12-08-2005, 2:27 PM
Ohhhhhh Steve...Don't rub it in!!!! :o Bad enough they're playin' like a bunch 'o girls!:eek: Awww, who am I kidding? We could probably find a bunch 'o girls who could beat them this year!:D :cool:Too late: "A man was arrested for running onto the field Sunday during the Green Bay Packers-Philidelphia Eagles football game. He told police he was spreading his mother's ashes on the field. His mother's ashes scored twice against the Packers." - Jay Leno

You know you're having a bad year when Leno is doing jokes about your team and no boat or cheerleaders are involved.:eek:

Dennis Peacock
12-08-2005, 3:00 PM

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D