PDA

View Full Version : Help, Earthlink shutting down my website

Lee Schierer
03-29-2019, 10:03 AM
For many years, I've had a website at earthlink that was free. Apparently they have decided to eliminate all the free websites with very little (read almost none) notice. I received an email on March 27th that notified me that if I want anything from my website, I better get it before March 31.

Sooo, now I'm looking for a service where I can have my website that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I don't use it for any commercial purpose, just to display my projects for friends and people I meet.

Any suggestions on a low cost hosting service? I'm not interested in any social media site.

Terry Wawro
03-29-2019, 9:07 PM
Check GoDaddy. I moved over to them last year. They have a tiered pricing so you might find something that fits your needs and budget.

Jim Becker
03-29-2019, 10:12 PM
There are many options...I think even Google is covering it now, too. I use myhosting.com and have for years. There was a short period of time about a year ago during a transition to new owners where the email hosting had some issues, but that's all been fixed with major upgrades due to an infusion of capital and a switch back to North American based support.

I didn't even know that Earthlink was still around!

Matt Day
03-30-2019, 8:09 AM
Google Domains