PDA

View Full Version : Looking for info/comments about Shark Guard installed on a PM2000

Mitchell Garnett
03-27-2019, 9:48 PM
I bought one of the first PM2000's and have just about worn out the blade guard - I thought it was flimsy from the beginning but I really need to get a replacement after many years of use. From all the comments on SMC, it seems the Shark is a very popular choice.

Before I spend the money, I would like to hear from anyone who has one on a PM2000. Pros/Cons, dust collection vs no dust collection, maybe photos?

Thanks for your help.

Mitchell

David Utterback
03-28-2019, 10:13 AM
I have one on a PM66. They do the job but cannot be used with thicker stock and dust collection is not very good when trimming an end or edge of a board so the guard is open on one side.

Rod Sheridan
03-28-2019, 10:31 AM
My only comment Mitchell would be that I would suggest you purchase an overarm or ceiling mounted guard so you can use it for non through cuts.

I replaced my riving knife mounted guard with an overarm guard............Regards, Rod.

P.S. Of course having above the blade dust collection really improves the air quality and the amount of sawdust in my shirt pocket:D

Mitchell Garnett
03-28-2019, 6:36 PM
thanks! a follow on question: how thick is thicker stock? I tried to find a spec on material thickness and came up with nothing.

Mitchell Garnett
03-28-2019, 6:42 PM
price and a little concern about space are my excuses for not looking at overarm guards. thanks.

Mitch