PDA

View Full Version : Summer plans

James Pallas
03-27-2019, 2:23 PM
It appears that many here don't have all weather shops. I was just wondering what some of the plans are for good weather for your shop work. I can work all winter but I'm opening up the garage shop for summer. Tuning up mower, trimmer, leaf blower, sharpening clippers etc. Than clean off the bench for woodworking. Some railings to repair, deck to oil and some landscape timbers to replace. Maybe then I'll get to start on a Morovian bench that I've had the material around for 2 years. Oh and maybe have to do some exterior Honey do list items first.
Jim

Graham Haydon
03-27-2019, 4:34 PM
My bench should be finished and at home soon. Then it'll be tools to be sorted through and the tool chest organised. I have many projects in mind, kitchen and then dining table, some chairs. Realistically there will be little progress on those as time is tight. It'll be mainly dreaded DIY!

Phil Mueller
03-27-2019, 7:04 PM
I spend most of the cold winter in my basement shop on various projects. This summer I’ll work on a few more jewelry boxes for my nieces, but honestly, I hope to spend a lot of hours knee high in a river with a fly rod.

Don Coffman
03-27-2019, 7:46 PM
I do more woodworking in the dead of winter, my wood stove hides all mistakes :). Spring is gardening, yard-work, cutting brush thinning trees/stockpiling wood for the next winter. This spring/summer it's war on kudzu which has ran unchecked too long. Hopefully, there will time for some woodworking.