PDA

View Full Version : Small Project finished

Guy Germaine
12-07-2005, 5:49 PM
All I have to do yet is put the pull on and it's done. I made this so my daughter has a place to display the ribbons she wins at dog shows. At the rate she's going, I'll need a few more real soon.
http://www.fototime.com/7B2498FFAD1676B/standard.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/401F927196D77BF/standard.jpg

Gregg Mason
12-07-2005, 6:07 PM
From the looks of all those ribbons she's collecting, your going need a bigger case. Maybe a trophy rack too ?

Nice work.

Vaughn McMillan
12-07-2005, 6:11 PM
Looks real nice, Guy. I like the box joints on the corners. Like you mentioned, I'm guessing you'll be needing a few more.

- Vaughn

Guy Germaine
12-07-2005, 6:17 PM
I made the box joints with my shop made jig. It really works well. I do need to get a dado set that cuts a flat bottom though. It takes a lof of filing (aka WORK) to get the bottoms of the kerfs flat.

At the rate she's going, it won't be long before I'm making a FEW more. I also promised her a trophy case when she wins her first "Best In Show". Wish her luck! :D

Bernie Weishapl
12-07-2005, 6:41 PM
Looks great. I love the box joints to. I am going to get the freud set for box joints. I got to see some made with the Freud blade. Awful nice.

Richard Wolf
12-07-2005, 7:07 PM
Great project. What kind of pooch?

Richard

John Miliunas
12-07-2005, 7:22 PM
Well done, Guy! I too really like the box joints. Looks like Cherry? What finishing method did you use? Good job and I'll bet your daughter is very happy with it, as well!:) :cool:

Guy Germaine
12-07-2005, 7:48 PM
The pooch is a female Newfoundland. She's 5 months old and weighs 55 pounds.
http://www.fototime.com/8027C59BD71B78B/standard.jpg

Yes, the case is cherry. You're not going to be real impressed with my finish schedule on this one. :rolleyes:
I used a rolled up paper towel and wiped on about 3 coats of Minwax wipe-on poly with a light rubbing with 0000 steel wool between coats! Nothing fancy at all.:D

Andy Hoyt
12-07-2005, 7:52 PM
Hey! That's my secret finish!

I used to have a Newfy. Bubba once ate my daughter's birthday cake which was sitting on the back of the counter. That's not so uncommon, but doing it with all four paws still on the floor is!

John Miliunas
12-07-2005, 8:04 PM
Hey! That's my secret finish!

I used to have a Newfy. Bubba once ate my daughter's birthday cake which was sitting on the back of the counter. That's not so uncommon, but doing it with all four paws still on the floor is!

LOL! :D But, why is it I just can't seem to envision you having a pooch named "Bubba"???:D :) :cool:

Andy Hoyt
12-07-2005, 8:12 PM
LOL! :D But, why is it I just can't seem to envision you having a pooch named "Bubba"???:D :) :cool:

We felt that Fifi was just soooooo inappropriate for a 145 pound pooch. That was his weight when he adopted us.

John Miliunas
12-07-2005, 8:19 PM
We felt that Fifi was just soooooo inappropriate for a 145 pound pooch. That was his weight when he adopted us.

Yeah, guess you're right. We had a 3-legged dog (from birth) in our neighborhood where I grew up. Yeah...You know it...His name was "Lucky"!:rolleyes: :D :cool:

Guy Germaine
12-08-2005, 7:25 AM
That picture is of Isabella. We have 2 others as well! :eek:
We have an 8 year old female, Smokie, who is a very good counter surfer too. She's partial to my wife's bagels with peanut butter on them.:rolleyes:
We also have an 18 month old male named Ozzie.