PDA

View Full Version : Hope it's OK to tout an Ebay Find?

bill epstein
03-19-2019, 12:17 PM
Just received this "Blem Cosmetic" PEC Double Square.

Having been tipped to the quality of PEC on these pages, I thought some might like to know about the very good price offered by this seller.

Note that the trademarks are ground off.

Not Okay. Okay.

Mike Manning
03-19-2019, 12:23 PM
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure you can't provide links to that big auction site here. If I'm right you'll know it soon enough.

Kurt Cady
03-19-2019, 12:28 PM
you can get these all day at Harry Epstein. Fantastic value

Richard Jones
03-19-2019, 2:15 PM
Yep. Got a PEC blem combination square head the other week to go with a 12" Starrett blade. Perfect out of the box. Not expensive, something like $25? Couldn't find any blem.

Jim Koepke
03-19-2019, 3:41 PM
It seems it is against the Terms Of Service to post a link to an auction.

Posting the item number seems to be okay.

That could be incorrect.

jtk

Nicholas Lawrence
03-19-2019, 4:01 PM
They do not like the links because they change so often, and in six months or so the thread will be filled with broken links to ebay items that have been taken down. That is my understanding anyway.

Jim Koepke
03-20-2019, 12:17 AM
Curses upon you Bill. :eek:

My curiosity had me enter > blem square < into the auction site that shall not be named's search engine.

One should be coming to my mailbox soon. :D

BTW, at times it seems half the posts are gloats about finds on ebay, estate sales, yard sales, antique shops and wherever folks find something that puts a tool on our bench, a smile on our face and a warm spot in our hearts.

It may even inspire some to keep looking and hoping for another great find.

jtk

Ben Bowie
03-20-2019, 9:51 PM
If you use the coupon code MYTENOFF you can get 10% off. My double square will be here next week

Vincent Tai
03-21-2019, 3:15 PM
those squares and heads are great. I love my 24inch one.

Jason Martin Winnipeg
03-22-2019, 12:00 AM
Curses upon you Bill. :eek:

My curiosity had me enter > blem square < into the auction site that shall not be named's search engine.

One should be coming to my mailbox soon. :D

Doh... same.

Shay Hamblin
03-24-2019, 12:32 PM
I got one of those pec blem double squares a while back, broke the first time I dropped it. Yeah, obvio6my bad but I've dropped a 4 inch starett a few times and it's rock solid. Also, related, foam mats are great if you work over concrete, lol

Nicholas Lawrence
03-24-2019, 1:23 PM
I got one of those pec blem double squares a while back, broke the first time I dropped it. Yeah, obvio6my bad but I've dropped a 4 inch starett a few times and it's rock solid. Also, related, foam mats are great if you work over concrete, lol

From what I understand Starrett makes two types of combination head. One is cast iron. The other is steel. Cast iron is a lot easier to break. Do not know if the other manufacturers have two lines as well.

Shay Hamblin
03-24-2019, 7:46 PM
From what I understand Starrett makes two types of combination head. One is cast iron. The other is steel. Cast iron is a lot easier to break. Do not know if the other manufacturers have two lines as well.

Ah, that's interesting. This starett was a used purchase so I'm not quite sure which it is