PDA

View Full Version : MLCS premium router table with sliding top

Karl Card
03-18-2019, 3:51 AM
Wondering if anyone has one and if so what kind of jigs have you made for it and how. I bought one because it was a great deal. $100 bucks. But I am probably overthinking the jig part.

glenn bradley
03-18-2019, 8:45 AM
Pretty open-ended question. Maybe we can dial it in a bit? Are you looking for jigs that are specific to the sliding table feature or just router table jigs in general? Maybe mention a few of the specific tasks you want to do that involve jigs. Jigs serve no purpose by themselves except to present a storage problem. For example, I made a very nice coping jig over ten years ago because everyone was talking about them. I have used it maybe 4 times in a decade. Works nice but, I have often nearly gotten rid of it.

Karl Card
03-23-2019, 11:45 PM
Pretty open-ended question. Maybe we can dial it in a bit? Are you looking for jigs that are specific to the sliding table feature or just router table jigs in general? Maybe mention a few of the specific tasks you want to do that involve jigs. Jigs serve no purpose by themselves except to present a storage problem. For example, I made a very nice coping jig over ten years ago because everyone was talking about them. I have used it maybe 4 times in a decade. Works nice but, I have often nearly gotten rid of it.

I see the error in my post. Yes I was thinking but not writing (or typing) lol.. My main intention is to be able to make box joint on the router. My table saw has a 1" spindle and the blade set for that is more than I need to spend right now so I thought about using the router table I have. The sliding table on it does have runners but they are not regular size but still should not be an issue I am guessing. But yes ultimately for right now wanting to make boxes.

Thank you for the reply.