PDA

View Full Version : Bosch B3915 Compound Sliding Miter Saw Guard Issue

Rich Aldrich
03-17-2019, 9:29 PM
I have a Bosch B3915 compound sliding miter saw. The issue with the saw is that the saw is difficult to push down when starting a cut. There is a guide bearing that pushes against a link which forces the guard to open up. The link is worn and the bearing is cocked a bit. I have contacted Bosch and they refuse to help with the issue. They have discontinued the parts. So I guess I own a piece of Bosch junk.

I spent about 2 minutes on the phone with Bosch customer service and they were no help. They said they do not make the replacement link any longer. End of story. The surprising thing is that this is a safety issue and they refuse to address it. Unbelievable. I am done doing business with Bosch at this point. I will spread my experience with Bosch with anyone that will listen.

There probably rent many of these saws out there, but has anyone had issues like this? If so, what was the solution. I was thinking about taking the link off and making a drawing. I can have a machine shop make the part and probably harden it. The issue is making the area on the link the same as it was new. The bearing and pin is still available.

Otherwise, I can sell it for someone as a parts saw - really cheap.

Simon MacGowen
03-17-2019, 9:56 PM
There are several online sources for Bosch like https://www.ereplacementparts.com/bosch-miter-saw-parts-c-128_1090.html

Could that help? If Google, you'll find more online stores.

Simon

Rich Aldrich
03-17-2019, 10:14 PM
All of these sites say the part is discontinued. I then called Bosch and they wanted nothing to do with the issue. They certainly didn't want to help.