PDA

View Full Version : Home depot store locataor no longer works.

Bill Dufour
03-15-2019, 10:28 PM
For the last month the hoe Despot web site can not tell me the price or availability of any item. It asks me which is my store. I live 5 miles from three different stores. the store locator says it finds none within 100 miles (max search distance allowed). I have asked all three stores and they say they have no plans to close.
Bil lD.

Jamie Buxton
03-16-2019, 12:13 AM
The internet gods are saying "Go to Lowes".

Gary Ragatz
03-16-2019, 1:11 AM
Bill,

When I search for stores near Modesto, it gives me three within 6 miles. Might try clearing your browser cache. Or try a different browser.

Dick Strauss
03-16-2019, 7:17 AM
Try cleaning out browsing data and make sure cookies and Java are allowed.

Moderators- should this discussion be placed in a more appropriate area?

Barry McFadden
03-16-2019, 9:26 AM
I have the same problem up here with Staples. Whenever I click on "check in store availability" and put in a city or postal code it says "no stores found for that area". I've tried on different computers and different networks with the same result. Even if I put in a city the size of Toronto...same result...

Jim Becker
03-16-2019, 9:35 AM
Works fine for me. Try deleting the specific cookies for Home Depot from your browser, shut down the browser, restart the browser and then do the deed. Something might have gotten corrupted.

Lee Schierer
03-16-2019, 10:25 AM
Make sure your browser is allowing the site to see your location.

Wade Lippman
03-16-2019, 11:17 AM
I always get stuff 50 miles away because my ISP is located there. It is a real PITA, but there is no fix for it.

Gary Ragatz
03-16-2019, 12:19 PM
I always get stuff 50 miles away because my ISP is located there. It is a real PITA, but there is no fix for it.

Just type your home home address (City, State) into the store locator, pick the closest store and click on "Shop this store." Usually it will remember your chosen store the next time you go back to the web site, but I find that I occasionally have to remind it. I'm 500 miles from home right now, but HD's web site still says I'm shopping my local store.

Walter Plummer
03-16-2019, 3:09 PM
Works fine here. Tells how many in stock, aisle and bin.

Ronald Blue
03-16-2019, 9:23 PM
Worked fine for me. I just typed in Modesto and three locations popped up like Gary said. I'm using chrome but have had it mess up on such things. When it does I try it on Internet Explorer.

Lee DeRaud
03-21-2019, 7:56 PM
Usually it will remember your chosen store the next time you go back to the web site, but I find that I occasionally have to remind it.Occasionally?!? Mine forgets about 2 out of 3 times and defaults to the store on the other side of town, for no apparent reason. I usually don't realize it until I get to "my" store and discover the item I want is out of stock and/or the aisle/bin location doesn't exist. I have the same problem with Staples and Best Buy.

Curt Harms
03-22-2019, 5:26 AM
I tend to use a search engine, it works better than the store's locator function. Something like "home depot + my town" gets me the correct store on home depot's site so inventory function is available.

Jim Outman
03-23-2019, 10:14 PM
I had to use Firefox to do anything with HD website. IE and Edge are useless.

Dave Lehnert
03-24-2019, 6:33 PM
Occasionally?!? Mine forgets about 2 out of 3 times and defaults to the store on the other side of town, for no apparent reason. I usually don't realize it until I get to "my" store and discover the item I want is out of stock and/or the aisle/bin location doesn't exist. I have the same problem with Staples and Best Buy.

+1 Home Depot . com I always have to reset my local store.

lowell holmes
03-26-2019, 6:42 PM
try this

https://www.google.com/search?q=home+depot+in+modesto&oq=home+depot+in+mod&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.25253j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Wade Lippman
03-30-2019, 3:30 PM
Today I bought a rug from HD. While it defaulted to picking it up at my closest store; it insisted "my store" was 2500 miles away. When I tried to change it, it just hung.
I am not sure it matters, but you'd think they could do better.