PDA

View Full Version : Paintings

Bruce Jones
03-15-2019, 3:13 PM
Hello everyone Here's a few of my my paintings.... "Canal" won painting of the week on Face Books Art Gallery International site.
"Canal" 28" x 18" Acrylic. 3-10-19 that is the one w/ the wind mills, a few of these have already sold.

Bruce Jones
03-15-2019, 3:30 PM
Here are a few more John.

Yonak Hawkins
03-16-2019, 12:33 AM
Very nice, Bruce. I, too, like the canal painting. I especially like your water reflections. I, also, like the one with the red flowers and the way the sun washes out the horizon.

Did you ever check out how Bev Doolittle paints water reflections ? She's worth studying, I think.

Bob Glenn
03-16-2019, 9:58 AM
Nice. Artists show us things only they can see.

John K Jordan
03-16-2019, 9:40 PM
Just got back from doing an out-of-town woodturning demo and saw these. Very impressive - you certainly have wonderful way of seeing things. I love your choice of color, some of what I might refer to as "bold pastels". I also love your sense of composition and balance, foreground/background, water reflections, and beautiful use of light. I think the little wooden bridge is my favorite, or maybe the first one in the second set (with the soft plants with and perfect lighting). Or maybe the boats and buildings! That one reminds me of some places I've seen in Europe.

I'd almost help subsidize your next trip just to see your interpretation of this view in the late afternoon sun from the balcony of a place we stayed in Mulazzo, Italy.

(You can probably see where I did a quick&dirty join of two photos since the lens on my pocket camera wasn't wide enough - the join is immediately to the left of the tower. The perspective is whacky, of course.)

JKJ

Mel Fulks
03-16-2019, 10:10 PM
Bruce, great stuff ! My favorite is the one with the sun fallen into the field behind the explosion of flowers.
Beautiful chaos.

Tony Pisano
03-17-2019, 10:59 PM
My favorite is the one with the windmills. It looks like a place I would like to be.

Bruce Jones
03-19-2019, 10:48 AM
Thank you john and everyone else. I posted these in a hurry and didn't give the sizes and titles the one's your referring to are (the bridge) is called "Pathways" 20" x 16" Acrylic The second one is "Some Where In Ireland" 16" x 20" Acrylic and the last one w/ the boats is called "Malta" 26" x 20" Acrylic. I make all my own canvases & stretchers and frames when used, here's a sneak peek at my current WHIP still on the ease 30" x 20" untitled so far. I'll post it again when finished.

Mike Null
03-19-2019, 11:09 AM
Bruce
Excellent work! It would appear that you have visited Monet's gardens. Painting is a hobby of mine but time is an issue.

I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Thanks for posting.

daryl moses
03-19-2019, 11:37 AM
Bruce, you have many talents!
I like everything you do. Thanks for sharing!!

John K Jordan
03-19-2019, 12:11 PM

Me too, I never get tired of looking at creativity, especially when combined with expertise.

JKJ

Yonak Hawkins
03-19-2019, 4:47 PM
I never get tired of looking at creativity, especially when combined with expertise.

JKJ

John, I'm amused by your comment. I couldn't agree more. I've seen too many examples of one, not paired with the other. Some of it is not pretty . . .

Ron Citerone
03-19-2019, 6:43 PM
Holy Moly, they are awesome paintings! Thanks for sharing.

Bruce Jones
03-20-2019, 7:57 AM
Bruce
Excellent work! It would appear that you have visited Monet's gardens. Painting is a hobby of mine but time is an issue.

Thanks for posting.Thank you very much Mike, I would like to visit Monets garden some day, for now photos will have to do. Monet style is what set me on the path of painting all though I feel I'm now finding my own style here are two renditions of his work I have done several years ago. "The Road To Gavernie" 20" x 16" Acrylic and "In The Meadow" 28" x 18" Acrylic.

Bruce Jones
03-20-2019, 8:01 AM
Thanks again John, Daryl, Ron, Mel , Bob, Yonak and Tony for all of the nice comments.

Bruce Jones
03-22-2019, 1:14 PM
Hello once again everyone I've finished my latest painting "Misty Morning" Acrylic on a 30" x 20" Gallery style canvas.

Mike Null
03-22-2019, 3:22 PM
Bruce

You have a definite impressionistic touch. Even a little of Vincent.

I have been very fortunate in my travels and have visited Monet's gardens, the Louvre, Musée d'Orsay, Prado, Uffizi, Rembrandt and Van Gogh in Amsterdam along with many others. Musée d'Orsay is where I would direct you first if the opportunity comes your way. From there it's not far to Giverny.

Bruce Jones
03-23-2019, 7:17 AM
Bruce

You have a definite impressionistic touch. Even a little of Vincent.

Thank you Mike I really like the impressionism style.

Frederick Skelly
03-23-2019, 7:46 AM
Wow. I always enjoy the colors and shapes of your turnings. Your paintings are equally delightful. I think John Jordan summarized my thoughts entirely.

Beautiful work Bruce. Just beautiful.
Fref

John K Jordan
03-23-2019, 9:51 AM
Very nice. I was a little confused at first until I noticed the first one was shot at a bit of an angle. I like the refinement in the treeline, water surface/reflections, and the final mist. The softening of some detail and perhaps intensity at the side (if the two photos are accurate) removes distraction.

It is even more interesting to see the changes in work in progress.

Bruce Jones
03-26-2019, 2:08 PM
Thank you Mike and John still trying to improve my style and techniques, John I have done a painting before where I showed how I did it by taking a photo every hour or so while painting, sort of a time lapse deal I'll see if I can put one of those together again on my next painting.