View Full Version : Drill Press Table

Jesse Busenitz
03-15-2019, 9:03 AM
Decide to finally build a drill press table. Just used what I had on hand in the shop so all I was out was time. Thinking about adding measurements to the track like Woodpeckers for setup. Also do you guys use the track clamps very often?

Matt Day
03-15-2019, 9:52 AM
Looks good. I have the same DP, it’s a work horse. I need to redo my fence though since the handles hit the fence if the table is too high - I like the miter track.

I seem to never use the track clamps and they just got in the way. They live in a drawer somewhere.

glenn bradley
03-15-2019, 10:40 AM
I use the tape on the track frequently for setup. I have different types of hold downs and use them, and other clamps, for safety more often than not.

Kyle Iwamoto
03-15-2019, 11:52 AM
Nice table! But wouldn't your drill press work better if wasn't wall mounted?
I have not used my track clamp, but I move my fence all the time. I assume your fence is on the tracks.
I think having that movable fence is enough to keep things at the right spot and from rotating. No need clamps.

Jesse Busenitz
03-15-2019, 11:52 AM
Do you guys find a need for a taller fence very often?

glenn bradley
03-15-2019, 12:56 PM
I use 3. A piece of track for very low or very close work, a “low” fence at about 2” and a split-fence at about 3-1/2”. The 3-1/2” stays on most of the time.