PDA

View Full Version : 1 hour Project

steven c newman
03-14-2019, 10:27 AM
Used up a couple pieces of leftover Pine from the Chester Drawers build....Boss has been wanting a shelf to go above the Kitchen sink. Had a 1 x 8 and a 1 x 6.....

The 1 x 6 was cut into a couple legs...curves added, and a notch for the back splash...
Shelf will get painted, by the Boss....so nothing fancy. Notched the 1 x 8 to fit around the window sill, 3 countersunk screws, and a bead of glue on the 1 x6.

And that may do it for my Build-along posts. They involve so much time and effort, not just the building of the projects, but taking the time for the camera work, making the photos not only tell the story, but making sure they look good, and fit this site. Sometimes, that involves half of the Projects build time, if not more....

Been fun....

Nicholas Lawrence
03-14-2019, 12:12 PM
Steve, I do not often comment on your threads, but wanted to express my appreciation for you posting them over the years.

James Pallas
03-14-2019, 3:41 PM
Steve, You can at least post your finished products. I’ll miss your build threads. Always fun things to watch. You can still twist a few tails every now and again I hope. That’s fun too.
Jim

Stew Denton
03-14-2019, 8:55 PM
Steven,

Understood, but +1 on what James said. I want to add though, that I like the design on your shelf project above. Very nice design.

Your Chester Drawers project was amazing. Very nice job on that. I was amazed how fast you got it done, but also realized that considering how many of them you had built, I guess that lots of practice helps speed.

Thanks and regards,

Stew

steven c newman
03-14-2019, 11:27 PM
Hmmm, right now, I am waiting to here back from a place, that MIGHT be selling those fancy boxes I make for the leftover scraps....may have to concentrate on building those, for a while.....
may take a wee bit longer than an hour, though..

( this only stands 9" tall...)

Tony Zaffuto
03-15-2019, 10:33 AM
Ah, Steve just needs some R & R! We've wore him out!

Regardless, keep posting at least finished projects. I particularly enjoy seeing the vintage tools you have, in use, plus encountering roadblocks and then figuring out your "work arounds".

steven c newman
03-16-2019, 1:04 PM
Trying to figure hat to call this next "Project"

And have a bunch more to glue up, all out of Ash scraps..
May try to see IF a couple boxes can be cobbled up? Hour's worth of work got me two glue-ups done...

steven c newman
03-17-2019, 12:40 AM
One other "1 Hour Project".....only because I used a handsaw...

Bought 10' of Schedule 40 PVC pipe, 3/4"......Didn't need it quite that long, and I needed 2 short lengths....cut the pipe down to 8' or so. Added and end to accept a garden hose..
Sharp pocket knife to remove the burrs, first...
These two cost more than the rest of the parts combined...
Other end of the pipe. There is a cap on the end....drill a few holes..
And, it becomes a sprayer....hook this assembly...
Up to a bit of garden hose...
And I can stand on the ground, while cleaning out the gutters...Hook goes into the gutter, and sprays towards the nearest downspout. This way, I am NOT walking around on the roof.

Or, standing on a ladder, using a Pressure Washer....and getting a bath.

Waiting to see if I am getting one or two boxes from those scraps of Ash.....finger jointed corners, hand cut of course.....need to figure out a title....