PDA

View Full Version : Bosch MRC23EVS Router and a Lift?

James Curry
03-08-2019, 10:59 PM
Is there a lift around that will accomodate a Bosch MRC23EVS? I've been using mine as a plunge router for several years, and love it. But, I can't seem to find any lift that will accommodate it, as its power switch is built into the handles.

Even though I love the router, this is a real problem, as I plan my shop's expansion. I'd hate to have to buy another router just so I can use a precise lift mechanism.

Martin Siebert
03-08-2019, 11:37 PM
Take the handles and switch off and bypass the switch. That is to say, hard wire the router so it is on when plugged in and use the switch on the table to start and stop it.
One thing I will say about that router. I have one and I love it, it is powerful and does everything I need, but the brushes sure don't seem to last long. I keep a spare set in the shop. There is another issue with that router...the handle that contains the switch can/will get slam chocked full of sawdust and the machine wont switch on. First time mine died it was the sawdust thing. I thought it did it again, but that time it was the brushes. They are not expensive.

Osvaldo Cristo
03-09-2019, 6:06 AM
Is there a lift around that will accomodate a Bosch MRC23EVS? I've been using mine as a plunge router for several years, and love it. But, I can't seem to find any lift that will accommodate it, as its power switch is built into the handles.

Even though I love the router, this is a real problem, as I plan my shop's expansion. I'd hate to have to buy another router just so I can use a precise lift mechanism.

Outside the US that router model is sold as GOF1600, including its plunge base, but you can purchase the optional GFF1600 base, a classical fixed base including bit depth adjust from the base. That is the appropriate base to use that router model at a table and you will not need any motor lift accessory.

Actually you do not need even a router plate as you can mount that body directly in a 152 mm (diameter) round window:

https://sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=405126&d=1551875676

In the US you can purchase that base at US 70, against the double of that in my country... how lucky you are, guys!