PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having a problem with vendors not using common sense when shipping?

Ross Moshinsky
03-08-2019, 10:58 AM
I've found for the last 6-12 months my vendors are doing a terrible job shipping stuff out. It's either poorly packed or they break up the shipments in 3-4 boxes rather than 1-2.

Anyone else suffering?

Kev Williams
03-08-2019, 12:05 PM
If you're talking vendors such as Marco or Johnson, who have warehouses all over the country, none of which stock all of the items they sell, then yeah! ;) -IF they don't charge separate shipping for each package, then the only issue I honestly have is the extra cardboard to recycle. And I also consider it 'poor packaging' when like yesterday, the wife got a second shipment of a single order , a 4 oz package of dog treats sent in a 16x12x8" box :confused:

As for biz supplies, I have a Marco warehouse 4 miles away, Delvies is 7 miles away, and my Gravograph rep who carries most Gravograph engraving materials and basic machine repair and maintenance items in stock is 8 miles away. So very rare that I have to have anything biz-related shipped, and it's usually sheet stock, which Marco and Johnson's so far have packaged quite nicely...

Mike Thornbury
03-13-2019, 4:22 AM
I've found for the last 6-12 months my vendors are doing a terrible job shipping stuff out. It's either poorly packed or they break up the shipments in 3-4 boxes rather than 1-2.

Anyone else suffering?

Common sense, in my experience, is neither common nor sensible.

A rare commodity that should be cultivated when found.