PDA

View Full Version : Y'all might notice a bit of an increase in business--

Kev Williams
03-04-2019, 1:38 PM
-or not, depending on location -

Just had some nice lady show up at the house all frantic- she had a clock she bought at Things Remembered, and was to take it back to be engraved-
She took it back-- they're closed. According to her, they're ALL closed, nationwide--

Some googling came up with a January story about them filing Chap11 and may be closing all their stores, looks like it may have come to pass.

Honestly, I don't know how most Mall businesses cover the exorbitant rent, especially these days when everyone has a Mall glued to their hands.

Tim Bateson
03-04-2019, 2:58 PM
That's not all good. The massive engraving costs at Things Remembered helps me look good when I can provide better quality for a bit less.

...Jan 23 (Reuters) - Things Remembered Inc, a U.S. retailer that sells engraved gifts and keepsakes, is preparing to file for bankruptcy protection in the coming days and shutter most of its roughly 400 stores,

Mike Null
03-04-2019, 3:13 PM
Not all TR stores are closing. We have at least 2 in STL that will remain open and there are others around the country.

They were selling their IS400's at $1500 each less software. I didn't inquire about their other equipment.