PDA

View Full Version : One lucky dude

Bert Kemp
03-03-2019, 4:41 PM
I was cutting some Crosses out just finished one and moved the laser head over to do the next one. hit start and the laser wasn't cutting.ok lift door and shut door thinking door safety watched for a few seconds still not firing, shut it off checked water Oh Oh somehow the return line fell out of the water bucket and pumed all the water all over the floor. Water pump was smoking. My heart sank as I know the tube burned up and the pump. Fill the water bucket pump turned on OK whew open the back up check to make sure all the air was out of tube and let it run a few mins hit the laser and wow she started cutting again. Never has that return tube fell out before. Seem to be cutting ok for now. :)

Kev Williams
03-03-2019, 5:40 PM
The 'no water' safety switch in the coolers are worth their weight in glass ;) -- when I changed out my 3000 for the 5200, about 2 days later it blew off one of the hoses...

Jerome Stanek
03-04-2019, 8:23 AM
I zip tie the return tube to the one connected to the pump. It can't come out.

Bill George
03-04-2019, 8:23 AM
The 'no water' safety switch in the coolers are worth their weight in glass ;) -- when I changed out my 3000 for the 5200, about 2 days later it blew off one of the hoses... Both my Chinese lasers have had water flow switches that worked. Ditto what was said about the zip ties.

Bert Kemp
03-05-2019, 12:56 AM
zip tyes good idea thanx