PDA

View Full Version : It took me 50 years to figure out how to hang window blinds

dennis thompson
02-25-2019, 4:22 PM
I have been hanging window blinds for my houses for 50 years. It was always:
- hold the bracket to where you are going to hang it
-put a pencil mark where the screws will go
-drill the holes
-try to hold the bracket, start the screw, hold the screwdriver and screw the screw in (easy if you have 3 hands)
-do it again for the second and in some cases the third bracket and hope all three brackets are in the right place.

Yesterday I realized a much easier way, simply put two sided tape on the back of the brackets, put them all in place, drill ,screw and you're done and only two hands are required.

I now don't hate hanging blinds quite as much as I used to.:)
Just wish it hadn't taken me 50 years to figure this out.

Mike Henderson
02-25-2019, 6:26 PM
Good tip. Thanks.

Mike

Lee DeRaud
02-25-2019, 6:32 PM
Great idea, but now that I've seen this, it pretty well guarantees I'll never have to hang another set of blinds for the rest of my life.

Ron Citerone
02-25-2019, 6:51 PM
Thanks for the great tip!

Is it still OK to do it with your wife staring over yo shoulder with her arms crossed?????
:eek:

Bill Dufour
02-26-2019, 9:35 AM
I lived in a older duplex where the plaster around the windows was rough and mini blinds had gaps above the top rail. So i cut a long piece of angle iron to fit. Drilled and tapped mounting holes for the blinds. Then painted it white and screwed it in place with the brackets already mounted using very short screws.
Bill D

Bob Glenn
02-26-2019, 11:24 AM
I mark the holes with a pencil, then drill the pilot holes. To get the screw started, I insert the screw into the hole in the bracket, then engage the screw driver tip into the screw head and put the whole assembly into place, pushing the screw into the pilot hole with the driver. I also use a power drill to drive the screws. Easy peasy.

Todd Mason-Darnell
02-26-2019, 5:15 PM
You left off a critical step--spending 30 minutes looking for where you left the double sided tape

dennis thompson
02-26-2019, 7:45 PM
You left off a critical step--spending 30 minutes looking for where you left the double sided tape

I did,in fact, have to go to the hardware store halfway through when I ran out of two sided tape

John Goodin
02-27-2019, 11:24 PM
It only took me 49 years, thanks to you.

Rod Sheridan
02-28-2019, 12:34 PM
Another thing I found helpful was I bought a CT Wings block for my Festool vacuum.

Now I have something holding up the other end of the level or curtain rod.............Regards, Rod.