Greg Heppeard
12-06-2005, 9:14 AM
small mesquite bowl, big leaf maple bowl

Greg Heppeard
12-06-2005, 9:16 AM
Austrailian White Top pens

Rich Stewart
12-06-2005, 10:13 AM
Those are beautiful. I was trying to do one like the maple bowl out of walnut and blew through the bottom. Great finishes.

Greg Heppeard
12-06-2005, 10:32 AM
Thanks, I found a rock in the side of the maple bowl...this is what's left after I dug the rock out.

For finish I use a mix of 1/2 Hut Crystal Coat and 1/2 Behlen Master Woodturner's Finish.

John Miliunas
12-06-2005, 10:37 AM
Nice work, Greg and just awesome looking wood! Quite the score on all the pieces!:) Is that your "typical" finish concoction??? How does it hold up? Again, nice stuff! :) :cool:

Greg Heppeard
12-06-2005, 10:49 AM
Is that your "typical" finish concoction??? How does it hold up? Again, nice stuff! :) :cool:

I tend to use this as much as possible. It's easy to apply and dries fast. I use it as a friction finish. The hotter I get it, the better it shines. Seems to hold up pretty well unless you use the piece often, then it dulls some.

Keith Burns
12-06-2005, 4:59 PM
Great pieces Greg. My favorite is the mesquite. Great form and finish. May have to try your finish.

John Hart
12-06-2005, 5:16 PM
Very pretty pieces all Greg. Do tell about the turquoise colored points on the mesquite piece. Looks good...just wondering whether you were filling something in or those were intentional inlace type designs.

Greg Heppeard
12-06-2005, 5:56 PM
Very pretty pieces all Greg. Do tell about the turquoise colored points on the mesquite piece. Looks good...just wondering whether you were filling something in or those were intentional inlace type designs.

Well, it was a design change.:D Actually, I had this screwed to my faceplate and that's where the screw holes ended up :eek: I had to do something.:rolleyes: A little turquoise inlace and LOML thinks I planned it that way.

John Hart
12-06-2005, 6:20 PM
Nicely done!!!;)