PDA

View Full Version : New drillpress

marlin adams
02-20-2019, 2:53 PM
My old HF 8 inch drillpress after 15 years well the bearing went out so instead of fixing it got me a new benchtop Skil. Well I got the skil 3320 got it put together and power it on. Will give a good review later. I been having back pain for over 30 years but here lately its been getting to the point I am not sleeping well so went in a month ago to a spine doc and they did some x-rays and a MRI and wow got some broken bones in my lower back. So going in for surgery march 5th but wont be able to lift over 10 pounds for 10 weeks they said afterwards so that sucks. But after that will get back to woodworking and give my new drillpress a proper workout and a review.

Lisa Starr
02-20-2019, 2:58 PM
Sorry to hear about your impending surgery, but hopefully it will cure the pain. Make sure you take it easy during the recuperation so that it heals well. Then, when everythings better, give us a nice, detailed review of the new drill press. :)

marlin adams
02-20-2019, 3:38 PM
Sorry to hear about your impending surgery, but hopefully it will cure the pain. Make sure you take it easy during the recuperation so that it heals well. Then, when everythings better, give us a nice, detailed review of the new drill press. :)

Oh I will take it easy at least my wife will make sure that I am :)

Gary Ragatz
02-20-2019, 4:28 PM
Best of luck with the surgery - hope you come out like brand new!

marlin adams
02-20-2019, 6:24 PM
Best of luck with the surgery - hope you come out like brand new!

Thank you :) Did ask if there any bionic implants out there :)

Larry Frank
02-20-2019, 7:38 PM
Take it easy after the surgery and do physical therapy.

I have bionic implants and as I am sitting here I am charging my battery for my back.

marlin adams
02-20-2019, 8:44 PM
LOL I will 10 weeks the doc said nothing over 10 pounds

marlin adams
04-22-2019, 9:06 AM
well the doc gave me the go ahead to do 45 pounds :) so I be able to tinker around the shop a little :)

Bruce Page
04-22-2019, 1:37 PM
Great news, don't overdue it!