PDA

View Full Version : Problem w/Milwaukee 18v lithium drill/impact

Vince Shriver
02-17-2019, 5:42 PM
I recently bought a Milwaukee combo drill/impact kit. Everything's was working great until very recently. The light under the chuck on the impact driver doesn't go off (after a reasonably short time). Any thoughts? Vince

Frank Pratt
02-17-2019, 6:53 PM
My son has a Milwaukee 18V drill that does the same thing. They do have a 5 year warranty, so take it in to be repaired. It's not something that could easily serviced by the user.

On the bright side though (pun intended), if you leave it long enough the light will eventually go out :)

Malcolm Schweizer
02-17-2019, 7:04 PM
Same thing happened to my M12 drill. It never went out unless the battery died. There is a reed switch that is triggered by a lever on the trigger for the drill motor. It may be jammed. Worth taking apart to see.

Vince Shriver
02-17-2019, 7:19 PM
My son has a Milwaukee 18V drill that does the same thing. They do have a 5 year warranty, so take it in to be repaired. It's not something that could easily serviced by the user.

On the bright side though (pun intended), if you leave it long enough the light will eventually go out :)

Thanks for the info and the chuckle.

Jeff Bartley
02-17-2019, 8:08 PM
Vince,
See my recent thread about 'modern cordless tools'. In my neck of the woods the Milwaukee 18volt drill/drivers/etc are known to have issues with the switch and associate electronics. The five year warranty has been hassle free for me so I'd second the recommendation of having it repaired.
If I remember correctly the light on one of mine stayed one right before the switch stopped working.
Good luck! Jeff

Derek Arita
02-18-2019, 8:53 AM
No issues with mine, so can't help there. Take it back for replacement or repair.