<meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en-us">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 4.0">
<meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Document">
<title>New Page 1</title>
</head>

<body>

<p><font face="Comic Sans MS" color="#0000FF">Hello all,</font></p>
<p><font face="Comic Sans MS" color="#0000FF">Well,&nbsp; this would be my first
post here so I thought I would show you the bookcase I made my darling
wife.Thanks for looking and it is good to have a new home.</font></p>
<p><font face="Comic Sans MS" color="#0000FF">RJ</font></p>

</body>

</html>

Bob Lasley
02-19-2003, 12:42 PM
RJ,

Very nice bookcase, but it looks like you need to build another one, that one's already full!

Bob

Tony Sade
02-19-2003, 1:05 PM

Ted Shrader
02-19-2003, 1:55 PM
RJ -

Nice work! Looks like you may have to start making larger production runs since that one is already full. :)

I have the same problem at my house. The book acquisition rate exceeds the linear construction rate of bookshelves. :(

Very nice work!

Ragards,
Ted

RJ Schuff
02-19-2003, 2:35 PM
Originally posted by TonySade

If memory serves me it is about 77 inches tall. I used a WoodSmith plan which for stupid me was pretty easy to follow.

RJ

RJ Schuff
02-19-2003, 2:38 PM
Originally posted by Bob Lasley
RJ,

Very nice bookcase, but it looks like you need to build another one, that one's already full!

Bob

Thanks Bob,

The bookcase is deep enough that my wife did put two rows of books per shelf. Then I saw it and objected to how it looked "packed to the gills" She relented and removed one layer.
I guess I will have to make more for her.
:D

RJ

Lee Schierer
02-19-2003, 3:54 PM
Looks like it was well recieved. Will you also show us the next one since you said she has more books.

Phil Phelps
02-19-2003, 3:57 PM
Originally posted by Bob Lasley
RJ,

Bob
I think most will think the same thing. ;)

Dr. Zack Jennings
02-19-2003, 5:17 PM
It's not on my immediate priority list but I need bookshelves. I've been living here since '79 and I really have none. Anyway. I like yours.

Jason Roehl
02-19-2003, 6:02 PM
Your wife must not have liked it TOO much--she's already covered it up with books!

Just kidding! I really need to get the monster of a shelf I'm working on done. As soon as (insert favorite excuse here) uhh...warms up, yeah, that's it.

Jason

Howard Barlow
02-19-2003, 7:39 PM
You must spend a lot of time writing books! Or did you build the bookcase?

Great looking case! Ima gonna copy it. Check's in da mail.:D

Ron Jones near Indy
02-19-2003, 9:29 PM
Looks good. Does it seem to be a little unstable due to the height? It won't tip easily will it?

Dave Arbuckle
02-20-2003, 12:35 AM
Good looking bookshelf, RJ. Like Ron, I wonder how stable it sits, and what kind of flooring you have it on?

Looks like someone in your house is a Jean Auel fan, too. My wife loves her. :)

Dave

RJ Schuff
02-20-2003, 8:20 AM
Originally posted by Dave Arbuckle
Good looking bookshelf, RJ. Like Ron, I wonder how stable it sits, and what kind of flooring you have it on?

Looks like someone in your house is a Jean Auel fan, too. My wife loves her. :)

Dave

No problem at all with stability. It wasn't going to be easily tipped over before the books were added, and definately not after.

RJ