PDA

View Full Version : Here's someone who really wanted their tools...

Jim Becker
02-13-2019, 9:28 AM
Here's someone who really wanted their tools...the images speak for themselves.

https://6thovw.sn.files.1drv.com/y4mCOhou10PdTWzoKH4CJF0U2P7CdzlIyNfL4jrGEapWr5sC05 k7sVZcKx8MxJpije63MXtAHlS8dNX-UwVk2SlYiPKIK784koO_vxmzNW8ui1CBvWP8v2ozdZW4mdlmy6 f6RK5jcrIZv9V0SJePduoqD12CdFPMuZzh7yplEzCrqjzV2LUT lipubA7_w7D19yHHiYAqVWw5A5a5KAybv6V_w?width=512&height=908&cropmode=none

John McClanahan
02-13-2019, 9:31 AM
What will they be worth when it comes time to sell? :confused::confused:

Jim Becker
02-13-2019, 9:33 AM
What will they be worth when it comes time to sell?

No different than any other situation...they will be worth what someone is willing to pay for them. Clearly, this worker is located in a place that delivery by road just wasn't an option.

Tim Bueler
02-13-2019, 9:37 AM
Maybe if he bought all 3 machines he got free shipping :rolleyes: :D

Jim Becker
02-13-2019, 9:40 AM
Maybe if he bought all 3 machines he got free shipping :rolleyes: :D

Brings new meaning to "next day air" delivery... :D

Jamie Buxton
02-13-2019, 10:20 AM
So I'm trying to figure out where the delivery site is, and why they chose a helicopter...
One the photos shows a bunch of houses in the background, so the delivery site isn't way out in the boonies somewhere. And one of the photos shows a house, and the edge of what seems to be a swimming pool. The materials to build the house likely came by road, right? Or did all that arrive by helicopter too?

Peter Christensen
02-13-2019, 10:46 AM
Don't overlook the possibility the guy works for or owns the helicopter company and using the helicopter at a grand or two an hour could be cheaper than getting a crane big enough to lift them over the house. If you have the bucks to buy three expensive machines for your poolside shop then why not use a helicopter. He might have been taking delivery of other branded machines at the same time that aren't shown too, making the use of the helicopter cost effective.

Jim Becker
02-13-2019, 10:51 AM
Could be on an island with complicated topography for delivery by other means.

Jack Frederick
02-13-2019, 11:14 AM
It was a statement to the neighbors. See what I can do? Resources! It is interesting seeing how those that have them choose to deploy them. Nice place. Nice tools.

Malcolm Schweizer
02-13-2019, 2:22 PM
I'm not seeing the image- and I do see images on other posts (I checked to be sure maybe it wasn't my browser or login.)

Eric L. Severseike
02-13-2019, 3:32 PM
Based on SCM's tweet, it looks like they're in northern Italy, presumably overlooking Lago Maggiore.

Patrick Kane
02-13-2019, 4:07 PM
Yeah, im seeing a lake in a mountainous region and not a swimming pool. Amusing part is it wasnt just one trip by helicopter, looks like the bandsaw was a separate journey. Although, i have to wonder, if you live in some italian mountain villa overlooking lake Como, why would you heli in minimax and not Felder? Joking aside, i thought the S 45n was the light duty baby brother to the MM16,20,24 saws? Why not spend the extra grand for the 16?

Neil Gaskin
02-13-2019, 5:02 PM
If I was paying helicopter delivery I’d have bought a bigger bandsaw.... just saying

Martin Wasner
02-13-2019, 5:21 PM
Could be on an island with complicated topography for delivery by other means.

Island was my first thought.

The dude owning a lift helicopter company seems plausible.

Tom M King
02-13-2019, 7:16 PM
The oddest part of it to me is that the helicopter looks like a Bell. I would think they'd be using a European helicopter. The guy on the ground is dressed for the job, but doesn't have a harness on, so they didn't drop him in first. Maybe he's the one they're bringing the tools for. Looks more like a rescue outfit, than a lifting service.

Jim Becker
02-13-2019, 7:38 PM
I'm not seeing the image- and I do see images on other posts (I checked to be sure maybe it wasn't my browser or login.)
Don't know why, Malcolm...here's an uploaded version for you...I don't normally link to images like that, but it had a lot of detail that was better served that way.

Jeff Duncan
02-13-2019, 8:13 PM
Ever wonder how the bad guys manage to get all that equipment to their remote headquarters in the 007 movies? That might just be a clue:D

JeffD

Bill Dufour
02-14-2019, 9:03 AM
Tom is probably right. It is probably a rescue service. I Imagine that he was suffering a serious iron deficiency. Does lumber and finished furniture have to go in and out the same way?
Bill D

Joe Calhoon
02-14-2019, 9:10 AM
Seems to be a trend!
photoshop on this one I’m sure.

Malcolm Schweizer
02-14-2019, 10:26 AM
Don't know why, Malcolm...here's an uploaded version for you...I don't normally link to images like that, but it had a lot of detail that was better served that way.

Ahhhh- it says they are in Brissago, which is an island in a lake in Switzerland. Let's just say there aren't any low-income housings there!!! Probably this wasn't much expense for this person.

That's pretty cool! I happen to be a helicopter fanatic, and a tool fanatic, so this picture makes me happy. :-)

Keith Westfall
02-16-2019, 12:35 AM
The oddest part of it to me is that the helicopter looks like a Bell.

Not a Bell, it's a 3 bladed machine. Probably one of the Airbus series...

Bells are 2 or 4 bladed.

Tom M King
02-16-2019, 8:24 AM
Good eye. The shape didn't look like Euro choppers that I knew anything about.

Carl Beckett
02-16-2019, 10:58 AM
I lived in Puerto Rico two years. When you live on an island, you adapt to many things others take for granted.

No glass on the windows and right on the cliff overlooking the ocean. Beautiful. And salt air (an mosquitos) blow through your house all day. Everything rusts. Appliances do not last long (especially electronics).

I went through the process of oiling and vacuum packing all my hand tools. My wife thought I was nuts, but had I not vacuum packed them all they would have been rusted junk by the time I left. It also made packing easy when I moved back to the mainland (where all your household items sit in a container in the sun for several weeks before being delivered, so even packed candles melted.

Subtle things you dont think of until you live it. But if you want to do something, you have to figure out a way (and eat the $$ of it).

Jim Becker
02-16-2019, 5:02 PM
'Gotta chuckle that the conversation has turned to the "flying tool"... :) :D

Bruce Wrenn
02-16-2019, 7:54 PM
World's largest delivery drone! Once in Louisville, I watched rooftop heating units being set using a helicopter. Helicopter leaked hydraulic oil, so it was lift a unit, add hydraulic oil, the lift another, and repeat'. Building was too big to use a crane to reach points on the roof. When I worked for metal building contractor, we built a building for a power plant on the ground, and then helicopter lifted it to the 180' level for installation. Had to use jumper cables to discharge static before grabbing the building.