PDA

View Full Version : My sister in law came up with the perfect response for social media

Rich Engelhardt
02-12-2019, 3:22 AM
"I guess I would have to take the time to research, read, and understand how this all came about and why. But that would require me to care so...."

God bless her!

I've saved this on my desk top so I just have to copy and paste it.
My life has become so much easier now,,,I owe her a lot!!

:D :D ;D

Dan Bundy
02-12-2019, 6:03 AM
Bazinga! Excellent.

Jerome Stanek
02-12-2019, 7:53 AM
What is this thing social media.

Bob Glenn
02-12-2019, 11:08 AM
It's not a good thing. Daughter is a teacher and says it's ruining things in class room and it's making it very difficult to teach. It is a total distraction from the real world with increasingly disasterous results. It has been designed to be addictive. Just my two cents worth.

Dave Anderson NH
02-12-2019, 11:24 AM
One of my sisters in law is a high school administrator. Their school has blocked all cell phone access in the building. Emergency calls must be routed through the school's phone number. This is the only way I can see of preventing social media distractions.

Matt Day
02-12-2019, 2:18 PM
That’s a great idea Dave. That should be instituted nationwide.

Rich Engelhardt
02-12-2019, 3:50 PM
One local school system uses cell phone alerts to inform students when a fire alarm is the real thing and not a fake.
I guess the newest fad going around in schools is turning in a false fire alarm/pulling the fire alarm.

John K Jordan
02-12-2019, 11:34 PM
One local school system uses cell phone alerts to inform students when a fire alarm is the real thing and not a fake.
I guess the newest fad going around in schools is turning in a false fire alarm/pulling the fire alarm.

A announcement over the PA system would be sufficient.

Tom Bain
02-12-2019, 11:42 PM
Wait ... isn’t SMC considered social media ?!? Or not?

John K Jordan
02-13-2019, 6:05 AM

I know why, but I guess I would have to take the time to research, read, and understand how this all came about. :D

JKJ

Bill Dufour
02-14-2019, 4:50 PM
Cell Phone blockers are not legal in the USA. i believe Canada allows them.
Bill D

Rollie Meyers
02-15-2019, 3:21 PM
One of my sisters in law is a high school administrator. Their school has blocked all cell phone access in the building. Emergency calls must be routed through the school's phone number. This is the only way I can see of preventing social media distractions.

It's not legal to block cell phones no matter how noble the cause, but that school is not the only place doing it, & as long as they don't get caught it can continue. Not that I would report anyone for doing it, but I look at reporting people as Nazi/Communist behavior, with a few exceptions like drunk drivers.

glenn bradley
02-15-2019, 3:52 PM

It is. I bad mouth social media while being completely aware that I participate in a narrow-focus version of it almost daily.

James Waldron
02-15-2019, 4:51 PM

Naah! Most of us are anti-social. Some are actively surly. Present company excepted, of course.

Doug Garson
02-15-2019, 5:27 PM
It's not legal to block cell phones no matter how noble the cause, but that school is not the only place doing it, & as long as they don't get caught it can continue. Not that I would report anyone for doing it, but I look at reporting people as Nazi/Communist behavior, with a few exceptions like drunk drivers.
And some would see not reporting as gang/mob/mafia behavior, wonder which is worse?

Mike Henderson
02-15-2019, 8:25 PM

I'm not sure how they block cell phone access but "jammers" are generally not legal in the United States. Jammers are units that transmit on the cell phone frequencies and interfere with the cell phone's ability to receive the real signal.

Mike

Kev Williams
02-15-2019, 8:42 PM
I'm not sure how they block cell phone access...
this is a good way ;)