PDA

View Full Version : Ken Salisbury - Very Sick?

Richard Gillespie
12-05-2005, 11:34 AM
There's a thread on another woodworking forum stating that Ken Salisbury is now very sick. He is well known to a number of us on this forum. As a long term moderator here he has had us tread the straight and narrow.

I for one, wish him the best and he is in my prayers and thoughts.

Ken, I wish you the best and hope you get better soon.

Rick Gillespie

Ken Fitzgerald
12-05-2005, 11:45 AM
Rick....I talked with Keith Outten on Saturday. He said he'd talked with Ken a couple of weeks ago and Ken was doing remarkably well. Hopefully we can get some more recent information.

Keith Outten
12-05-2005, 11:51 AM
I just called Ken's cell phone and his home phone, there was no answer at either phone. Possibly he has a doctors visit this morning.

I will continue to try to contact Ken and find out how he is doing. A little over two weeks ago Ken called me with good news about his health and seemed real excited based on the news from his doctor.

Keith Outten
12-05-2005, 12:09 PM
I just got off the phone with Ken, he was just leaving the doctors office. Ken says he is on the mend, he isn't out of the woods just yet but he is recovering.

Ken will post a message later this afternoon or evening after his Bud Light Break :)

Lee Schierer
12-05-2005, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the update. I was just thinking about him this morning.

David Wilson
12-05-2005, 2:54 PM
Keith
Thanks for the update on Ken. Thought about him earlyer today while reading the post about lathe attire.

John Bailey
12-05-2005, 4:21 PM
I for one think of Ken as the heart and soul of this site. Whenever anyone got a little off line, me included, you could count on Ken to set you straight. Ken seemed to be a huge part of the success of this site. Let's hope Ken is with us soon and he is up to his old self.

John

Dennis Peacock
12-05-2005, 7:51 PM
Ken,

This old ex-Alabama boy is pulling real hard for ya. Get well buddy. You are missed.

Carl Eyman
12-05-2005, 8:09 PM
Ken, if you are reading this, know you have one old coot (older than you) rooting for you.

Ken Salisbury
12-05-2005, 8:17 PM
I really appreciate the thoughts. Yes, I have been pretty under the weather. so to speak, battling lung cancer. I have been enduring the dreaded chemo-therapy for the past 5 months along with a relatively new drug called Avastin. A level of success has been achieved.The Cat scan I had (3 weeks ago) indicated the tumor on my left lung has dissappeared and the tumor on my right lung seems to be decavitating. I had another CAT scan this morning (that's where I was when Keith called) and will be waiting for the results to see if any changes have occured.

I have not been real active on the board, however I assure you I check often and do some covert moderating :).

As anyone who has or knows someone who has been through Chemo knows the devasting effect it has on you body. I am now off of chemo and continuing a regiment of Avastin every 3 weeks. I am feeling a lot better now and my energy level has increased dramatically.

Since I am not allowed to be doing any woodworking I have been trying my hand at some small carvings to help occupy my time. I will post some pictures on another thread.

I have basically been down and out for 5 months, but am on my way back and am confident I will recover.

Robert Kline
12-05-2005, 8:38 PM
thats great news on your recovery hang in there. looking forward to seeing your carvings

Jerry Olexa
12-05-2005, 8:41 PM
Ken, we miss you and are thinking of you. Take care. We are praying for a quick recovery...

Howard Norman
12-05-2005, 8:42 PM
Ken, that is good news. I haven't been logging into the creek very much for the past few months. But I was aware of your problems with the big C. As one who overcame cancer over 25 years ago I understand what you have been going through.

Good luck and may God Bless.

Howard

Dominic Greco
12-05-2005, 8:48 PM
I really appreciate the thoughts. Yes, I have been pretty under the weather. so to speak, battling lung cancer....A level of success has been achieved.The Cat scan I had (3 weeks ago) indicated the tumor on my left lung has disappeared and the tumor on my right lung seems to be decavitating. I had another CAT scan this morning (that's where I was when Keith called) and will be waiting for the results to see if any changes have occured.

KEN, I am so glad to hear from you! I've been searching around trying to get word of how you were doing for a while. My emails keep bouncing back to me (I guess that's what I get for trying to send them from work).

A lot of your old friends from Badger Pond have been asking about you as well. And like you, Gordon Sampson just battled back from cancer and is on the mend. ("On the mend", Hell! That guy is in better shape than I am!)

We're all thinking about you and pray for your continued good health.

Joe Mioux
12-05-2005, 8:53 PM
Ken: We all hope and pray for your continued improvement with you health. Best Wishes

take a close look in my avatar, those are for you!

Don Henthorn Smithville, TX
12-05-2005, 10:03 PM
Very glad that things are looking up, Ken. I am keeping you in my prayers.

Dan Forman
12-05-2005, 11:28 PM
Ken---Glad to hear that things are looking up. Best wishes and hope you have a nice holiday.

Karl Laustrup
12-06-2005, 6:34 AM
Ken,

Glad things are looking up and you're feeling better. Keep us informed of the progress. We do care!

Karl

Jason Roehl
12-06-2005, 7:25 AM
Glad to hear you're doing better, Ken. Take care of yourself!

John Hart
12-06-2005, 8:08 AM
Sounds like the road to recovery to me Ken. Hope you're back 100% very soon.

Dennis Peacock
12-06-2005, 10:24 AM
Great news Ken....thanks so much for posting your progress. We just wanted to know that you're ok....:D

Jim Becker
12-06-2005, 10:26 AM
'Glad to hear from you Ken...you are always in our thoughts. Yes, chemo is a nasty thing...one has to wonder if it's not worst than the disease, but, of course, that wouldn't be true despite appearances.

And as a reminder, those carvings don't exist until there are pictures... LOL!

Rob Blaustein
12-06-2005, 11:01 AM
Way to bounce back, and hang in there!
Rob

Kent Cori
12-06-2005, 11:05 AM
Great news Ken and your message took a load off all of our minds. We should have known nothing could keep you down for long. Get well quickly. That Anheuser-Busch stock price has taken quite a beating without your usual level of patronage! ;)

Ed Lang
12-06-2005, 11:21 AM
Ken,

Keeping you in our prayers.

Jim O'Dell
12-06-2005, 12:28 PM
GREAT NEWS!!! Keep progressing. Jim.

Bryan Somers
12-06-2005, 1:33 PM
Glad to hear your improving. Our prayers are with you.

Ted Shrader
12-06-2005, 2:26 PM
Ken -

That is great news! Just keep doing what the doctors say you should and all should work out for the best.

Glad you have such good news.

Ted

Zahid Naqvi
12-06-2005, 2:44 PM
That's good news Ken, hope you keep going on the recovery path.

Dave Bonde
12-06-2005, 3:05 PM
Hang in there Ken - I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Dave

Jim Stastny
12-06-2005, 5:49 PM
Ken, My prayers are with you. May God grant you His amazing grace.

Bruce Shiverdecker
12-06-2005, 6:04 PM
GLAD TO HEAR IT KEN. Have a COLD ONE FOR ME!

Bruce

Vaughn McMillan
12-06-2005, 6:24 PM
Glad to hear things are going in the right direction, Ken. Like others, I'd noticed your absence lately, but it sounds like you and the doctors have a handle on things. Here's to your continued improvement...we'll be looking forward to seeing some of those carving you mentioned.

- Vaughn

David Duke
12-06-2005, 6:30 PM
As as been stated may time, glad your doing better hope to here more from you soon.

Oh yea, no pics didn't happen!!!!!!!

Just noticed how the above may look, of course I was talking about the carving.

Randy Moore
12-06-2005, 7:24 PM
Ken,

We believe in you and believe that you will be back in the shop making dust very soon.;)

You are in our prayers in this house so keep fighting this nasty thing.
God bless you.:)

Randy

Rob Littleton
12-06-2005, 11:08 PM
May God bless you Ken and the prayers I am praying include giving you full recovery of this condition. See what the good Lord delivers you for Christmas:D

On HIM alone, we can rely.......................