PDA

View Full Version : And you thought you were having a bad day

Andy Hoyt
12-05-2005, 10:53 AM
There has been a preponderance of bad stuff happening to many of us over the last few weeks. While that really stinks for those affected, it's important to know that you're not alone in the bad luck department.

For instance - check these guys out.

Andy Hoyt
12-05-2005, 10:56 AM
Here are the follow up shots.

Jeff Sudmeier
12-05-2005, 10:57 AM
WOW! YOu could see it start to go in the third pic! If the van wasn't totalled before, me thinks it is after all that truck landed on it!

Ken Fitzgerald
12-05-2005, 11:02 AM
Yep! That's what happens when you bite off more than you can chew! I saw the results of something similar on the Naval Base at Charleston, SC year ago. A civilian crane operator was lifting something aboard one of the subs tied next to the pier. He end up with the body of the crane vertical instead of horizontal....the boom across the hull of the sub.....Let's see.....subtender..crew of 850......several subs inport....crews of let's say 120.......destroyer tender crew of 850.....several destroyers in port.....Uh....lets say within 120 seconds there was about 2000+ spectators pointing and laughing at the poor crane operator! :D Luckily nothing hurt but the crane operators pride!:)

tod evans
12-05-2005, 11:07 AM
andy, thanks for reminding me that i`m not the only one who can tear up a crow bar in a sandbox. tod

Kent Parker
12-05-2005, 11:18 AM
WOW:eek: Great shots! Hopefully Michael Long and the rest of the bystanders stayed clear when the cranes were going over.

Kent

John Miliunas
12-05-2005, 1:17 PM
Here are the follow up shots.

Hey Andy, being the PS artist your are, (you scoundrel, you!:D ) I thought you may appreciate this:
http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/crane.asp

Sorry....Only half truths on this one folks.:) :cool:

Andy Hoyt
12-05-2005, 1:25 PM
Hey Andy, being the PS artist your are, (you scoundrel, you!:D ) I thought you may appreciate this:
http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/crane.asp

Sorry....Only half truths on this one folks.:) :cool:
PS artist no. BS artist yes!:eek: John, you spoil sport. At least it brightened the day for a few folks - 'til you came along:D

If you study the people in the background of the last pics in the two series up above you will note that they are indeed the same shot and that the very last one was doctored. I've had these shots for ages and only discerned the fakery a month or so ago.

John Miliunas
12-05-2005, 1:32 PM
Yeah, but at least, the first half of it is on the money!!! :D :) :cool:

Vaughn McMillan
12-06-2005, 6:34 PM
John beat me to the punch...it took me a while to figure out which one was doctored, but I figured it out before scrolling down and seeing John's post. Still a great series of shots, and a real bummer day for a few people, I'm sure.

- Vaughn