PDA

View Full Version : Made it back in the shop

Matt Meiser
12-05-2005, 9:13 AM
Just posting an update on my finger. Saturday evening I was finally able to stop taking the perscription pain medication and switched to Tylenol. My finger is doing pretty good. A film has started to form over the open area which seems to be protecting it a little more. Using the tip of my finger is still very painful if I don't have the splint they gave me. Even trying to type is painful (I thought I would try since it is really hard to type while holding your middle finger out straight.) Today is the last day of my doctor-mandated vacation so tomorrow I have to go back to work after a 1/2 day short of two straight weeks off. That is the longest I've ever taken off in a row.

Since it was feeling pretty good, I went out to the shop last night. I didn't do anything too strenuous, just made up a carrier for my vacuum pump and added a switch. Oh, and cleaned up a little "debris" that was stuck on my router table fence. :rolleyes: Hopefully this week I can get back to work on my bed project.

Frank Pellow
12-05-2005, 9:24 AM
It's good to hear that you are on the mend Matt.

Shelley Bolster
12-05-2005, 9:26 AM
I am so glad to hear you are healing up Matt........AND back in the shop! Be prepared for a little frustration due to the limitations you are going to have for a while. Good luck with the bed but make sure you don't rush. ;) You will get it finished when you get it finished. :)

tod evans
12-05-2005, 9:34 AM
glad to hear you got back on that horse! now you can type like me for a while- one fingered:) tod

Ken Fitzgerald
12-05-2005, 9:39 AM
Matt....glad to hear your hand is mending well. Also glad to hear you got back on the horse! Continue mending well and keep us updated!

David Wilson
12-05-2005, 9:42 AM
Mat
Glad to here you'r getting back to work. Be patient. A few years ago I had a router accident which kept me out of work for three months. Things get very frustrating. Hang in there and wishing you a full recovery.

John Miliunas
12-05-2005, 10:56 AM
Good to hear you're back in the shop (and work:rolleyes: ). :) Just be careful and don't overdo it. You certainly do NOT want to aggravate the injury! :) Here's hoping that your recovery stays on track and you're back to 100% real, real soon!:) :cool:

James Ayars
12-05-2005, 10:58 AM
Good to hear that things are geting better. Sometimes even when I can't do a lot of work, just being in the shop cleaning and straightening makes me feel better.
James

Jim Becker
12-05-2005, 10:58 AM
"Back in the saddle again..." :D

John Bailey
12-05-2005, 11:11 AM
Matt,

Hang in there, time tend to be a great healer.

John

Kent Parker
12-05-2005, 11:31 AM
Matt,

As they say, "It will all be over before you know it".

I know how frustrating it can be when you've injured yourself and can't function at 100%. I've riped bicep tendons in each arm, had surgery to "tie" them back on and had to wait through healing and physical therapy. It really amazing how fast we heal if we don't push it;)

Take care,

Kent

Wes Bischel
12-05-2005, 1:39 PM
Glad to hear you're getting back to life as "normal". Just don't over do it!! Take it from someone who has in the past.:(

Wes

Jerry Olexa
12-05-2005, 9:03 PM
Glad to hear your progress...But still take it slow...Don't reinjure yourself...Take care

Dan Forman
12-05-2005, 10:57 PM
Matt---Good to hear you are getting back in the swing of things. Have patience and don't push too hard.

Dan

Corey Hallagan
12-05-2005, 11:01 PM
That is great Matt, get back in that shop a little at a time and soon you will be back to normal. Glad all is going pretty well.

Corey

Bruce Page
12-05-2005, 11:07 PM
It's good to hear that you're feeling better Matt. Don't push yourself.