PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl

Nicholas Lawrence
02-04-2019, 7:13 AM
I hear people complaining that it was boring. I thought it was a good game. Until the two minute warning it could have gone either way.

Mike Cutler
02-04-2019, 7:16 AM
I've always been a fan of defense, so for me it was a good game. I do think both teams were allowed some "latitude" with the quarterback hits. As long as it's fair to both teams,,,,
I know a lot of folks are into the excitement of offense, so I understand why they may not have enjoyed it.

kevin nee
02-04-2019, 7:58 AM
Good time to live in NEW ENGLAND!

roger wiegand
02-04-2019, 8:15 AM
At last the long championship drought for Boston is over. It's been months!!

Lee Schierer
02-04-2019, 8:47 AM
I thought it was a very poorly played game by both offenses. The defenses were both good but neither quarter back did well. There were a lot of passes thrown too low or too high for the receivers to catch.

There were a few good commercials. I thought the T- mobile were some of the best. I like the ones with the failed voice activated devices. With the dog collar being the best of those.

Curt Harms
02-04-2019, 10:33 AM
First Super Bowl I haven't watched in probably 30 years, just not interested. It doesn't sound like I missed much.

Lee DeRaud
02-04-2019, 10:41 AM
Highlight of the game was the Bud Light ad:
https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/3/18209844/game-of-thrones-ad-bud-light-dragon-mountain-super-bowl-2019
:)

Rich Engelhardt
02-04-2019, 10:42 AM
I'm with Curt.
In the mid 90's, Art Modell snuck the Browns out of Cleveland & broke the hearts of many fans.
It was a real wake up to the fact that - professional sports are all about the money and nothing about the fans.
They (the team owners and the sponsors & players too) act like don't need the fans, but, the fans need them,,,LOL! Yeah right!

Bob Glenn
02-04-2019, 11:32 AM
I feel sorry for the Saints.

Larry Frank
02-04-2019, 7:34 PM
The game was kind of boring, halftime show ugh, and commercials not funny.

The Star Spangled Banner was good.

Bruce Page
02-04-2019, 7:39 PM
I thought it was boring. It would've been a totally different game if the Saints had played.

Lee DeRaud
02-04-2019, 7:50 PM
I thought it was boring. It would've been a totally different game if the Saints had played.In this context, "totally different" means "different color uniforms" and "lop-sided Patriot victory". Still boring, but so it goes.
The Saints' offense might have been able to put more than 3 points on the board. Whether their defense could have done as well as the Rams is another question entirely.

Jim Koepke
02-05-2019, 11:21 AM
It was time for me to take a break. Flipped the TV over to CBS to see how the game was going. It was in the fourth quarter tied at 3. Watched a couple of passes then a run in for a TD.

Then the channel was switched.

That is the sum total of my football viewing for the whole year.

jtk

Paul McGaha
02-05-2019, 7:40 PM
In this context, "totally different" means "different color uniforms" and "lop-sided Patriot victory". Still boring, but so it goes.
The Saints' offense might have been able to put more than 3 points on the board. Whether their defense could have done as well as the Rams is another question entirely.

The Rams might have done better if they deserved to be there in the first place. Which they didn't.

There's no reason to assume the Saints would play as poorly on offense as the Rams did, having Drew Brees and all.

The Saints have a better defense than the Rams in both points allowed and yards allowed per game.

Congratulations to the Patriots. They played like champions and deserved the win.

PHM