PDA

View Full Version : VideoJet 3320 problem

Alex Tzoulis
02-04-2019, 12:04 AM
I have a videojet 3320 co2 galvo laser engraver.
The machine power on fine the white led(in the controller box) flashes and after 1-2 mins stop flashing and is constantly on.
After that i turn they key switch(in the controller box) the red led(in the controller box) lights the laser tube power on for 2 sec and after 2 sec laser tube power off the red stop lighting
and the yellow led(in controller box) flashes..
The yellow flashing led as the manual says it is some alarm that some problem exists.
Controller has a pendant to simplified control that connect to controller with ethernet.
Pendant powers on but seem to have no connection with controller because is says waiting for laser and when i remove the ethernet plus it says the same.
Also with pc i can not connect with smartgraph software.
I have set the dip switch 1 to videojet 3320 in on position so videojet has 192.168.1.1 ip and i have my computer to have 192.168.1.15 ip.
If i remove the 256MB mmc card when powering on the with red flashing and does not stop flashing after 1-2 minutes(with mmc inside card stops flashing after 1-2 mins).

I got the machine used and it worked previously with a siemens plc with some sensors, the plc connect to videojet via serial port of videojet.
I don't know if the machine is faulty of needs some input from plc to start..

Any suggestions what can i do ?
If controller is not repairable is there any general controller for galvos to change it?

To debug it i have the following tools
solder iron/hot air/bga reballing station/multimeters/oscilloscope/esr meter(for caps)/transistor tester/flash-eeprom programmer/bench power supply

Gary Hair
02-04-2019, 6:49 AM
The first thing that pops out to me is the IP address of the video jet. 192.168.1.1 is usually the starting address for a typical network and is likely already used by another device. login to your router and determine what addresses have been used and select one far away from the highest one - 192.168.1.75 would be unlikely to be used. Even if you can't login to your router and determine what is being used, I'd still try .75 to see if it works. Other than that I have no idea what it could be.

Alex Tzoulis
02-04-2019, 9:55 AM
I have connected pc with videojet directly without router with straight & cross eth cables.
There is no IP conflict.
I can not ping 192.168.1.1 all packets lost.
videojet embedded computer seems to work but work partially for example after 1-2 min the flashing white led becomes full light so initialization is successful.
The videojet i think runs some embedded linux distro.
Official Videojet support is good ? Will help me to debug or not ?

I will test the RF tube synrad v30 with an arduino(i will make a code that provide 1us pulse width(tickle) 200us period pwm)
If the rf tube is ok what can i do next ?

Gary Hair
02-04-2019, 11:55 AM
https://www.videojet.com/us/homepage.html

I have connected pc with videojet directly without router with straight & cross eth cables.
There is no IP conflict.
I can not ping 192.168.1.1 all packets lost.
videojet embedded computer seems to work but work partially for example after 1-2 min the flashing white led becomes full light so initialization is successful.
The videojet i think runs some embedded linux distro.
Official Videojet support is good ? Will help me to debug or not ?

I will test the RF tube synrad v30 with an arduino(i will make a code that provide 1us pulse width(tickle) 200us period pwm)
If the rf tube is ok what can i do next ?

Alex Tzoulis
02-05-2019, 9:42 AM
I have contacted but no response yet.
I will wait.

Romain Amiens
09-07-2023, 11:12 AM
Hello Alex, do you still have the software smartgraph ?