PDA

View Full Version : Blum 563H Glides - Install Question

Mark Blatter
02-01-2019, 12:01 PM
I am using Blum undermount glides for the first time. I am using model 563H. The drawer cabinets sides are flush to the inside of the face frames and this is causing an issue I believe. The mounting clips that attach to the back force the glide to be about 1/4" out from the side. Mounting the front so it is touching the side causes a binding issue with the glide as the front is now about 1/2" wider than the back end. Shimming the fronts out should solve the issue, but not 100%. I still get what feels like a binding resulting in a hard close for the last 3" of travel. They should be self-closing, but you have to push pretty hard to be the drawer to close the last 2-3". The rest of the travel is pretty smooth. I checked the height of the two mounting clips and they seem to be very close, if not right on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob Grier
02-01-2019, 12:28 PM
Can you not just mount the slides to the side of the cabinet? Don't use the back clip.

Dan Friedrichs
02-01-2019, 12:34 PM
Is it essentially a "frameless" cabinet? ie - the faceframe is really just edgebanding? If so, Bob's got it - forget the back clip and screw the slides directly to the cabinet sides using any of those various screw holes provided for this purpose.

The back clip is only used if you're installing them on a traditional faceframe cabinet where there is space between the inside edge of the faceframe and the sides of the box.

1/2" variation in width is crazy - I can't believe the slides even run. I think the spec calls for <1/32" difference in mounting width, front-to-back.

Mark Blatter
02-01-2019, 12:44 PM
Can you not just mount the slides to the side of the cabinet? Don't use the back clip.

Some days the search for truth is frustrated by simple answers. That large goose egg on my head is from tripping over the obvious answer. Thanks to both Bob and Dan for pointing it out to me. I was just going to use a grinder to take some off the clips, which was way more obvious and answer in my silly brain.