PDA

View Full Version : Received Laser different than advertised

Dave Bonde
01-30-2019, 9:01 PM
I'm explaining my problem here to get some different perspectives of my situation from people that deal with lasers more than I do. I ordered a laser from a US company. The laser arrived and it did not match their information listed on their website. Website advertised an 7" touch screen and their new software that would allow me to use macs and windows and was web based so my students could use their chrombooks with the laser. The day the laser arrived I contacted them and told them I received the wrong laser. The salesperson admitted they were still shipping lasers with the older controller and software and not the one they were advertising on the website. I requested they send me the parts to upgrade the laser I received, the right laser or for them to make arrangements to pick this one up. Since that day (87 days ago) it has been a nightmare. They say I received the laser I ordered. They have now changed their website to show the new control screen is a $1000 upgrade but that was not there when I ordered the laser. Realizing I was not going to get what I ordered I offered to take some accessories as compensation for not getting the right laser, now they are accusing me of holding the laser hostage to get free items- I don't want the items, rotary table fume extractor and an extra lens but thought it would be at least something. I have not paid for the laser they are saying I have the laser I ordered and am now past any return policy and demanding payment. I am not trying to get something for nothing just what was advertised. Any advise? What would you do in this situation?

Scott Shepherd
01-30-2019, 10:00 PM
Try web.archive.org. You can go back in time for a website. See if you can find what was listed, print it and tell them either fix it or contact a lawyer. Let them know your next step is legal and show them you have the proof from their site. They’ll either make it right or you’ll have to get the lawyer involved.

Dave Bonde
01-30-2019, 10:08 PM
Thanks Scott, I did screen shot and save all the pages showing what I ordered before they changed it. But the web.archive might prove I didn't alter anything.

Neville Stewart
01-30-2019, 11:29 PM
If you have the laser and haven’t paid for it, particularly not what you ordered, I would order from a reputable company, post the name of these idiots so others can avoid them and tell them they have 7 days to come and get it. If this is how they’re treating you now, imagine what it will be like when you need support. You were blessed on this deal.

Kev Williams
01-31-2019, 12:58 AM
This highlights one of the reasons I don't care to talk on phones (besides not being able to hear)-- I do everything possible by email. If someone contradicts themselves, or I forgot what I told someone, I have proof in writing.

Aside from the non-important 'okay's and redundancies I've deleted, every 'important' email I've ever received or sent since my first day with AOL, I still have. I've needed them more than once too.

Back to your original screenshot, DO look around for anything resembling the phrase "actual product may differ from photos [or description]"... Hopefully you DON'T find it...

Jerome Stanek
01-31-2019, 7:46 AM
If you paid with a credit card contact the card and file a dispute

Dave Bonde
01-31-2019, 8:53 AM
Thanks for the input guys I appreciate it. I didn't mention the company name because my intention to post was to get input on my situation and am not trying to damage a company but my situation is real and accurate. The company I am dealing with is Full Spectrum Laser.

Bill George
01-31-2019, 9:26 AM
Thanks for the input guys I appreciate it. I didn't mention the company name because my intention to post was to get input on my situation and am not trying to damage a company but my situation is real and accurate. The company I am dealing with is Full Spectrum Laser.

Do a Search for these folks, not really good track record. I guess I was not aware Chromebook was capable of running anything except maybe FaceBook,

Dave Bonde
01-31-2019, 9:37 AM
Ya I realize that Bill, I am a public school employee and am purchasing a replacement laser for my classroom. I am a representative of my school and am trying to do the right thing but still am not willing to be taken advantage of. My intent here is to get different perspectives on the situation and the information members have posted has already been helpful to me. I don't know the laws and don't want to put the school in a negative situation.

Jerome Stanek
01-31-2019, 9:56 AM
Don't most schools have a legal advisor

Keith Downing
01-31-2019, 1:02 PM
I do not personally have experience with Full Spectrum, BUT I read a lot of laser reviews and forums posts and given the fact that there are plenty of negative interactions with that company that have been noted here and on other online groups, I'd proceed with extreme caution and assume you may end up disputing the charges.

If this was Epilog, Trotec or ULS, I would say give them the benefit of the doubt it will be resolved to your satisfaction unless proven otherwise. But not in this case. Hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction though.

Trey Tull
01-31-2019, 1:08 PM
I had a FSL and sold it as quick as I could. The support was nonexistent and the company was horrible to deal with. I understand they are priced pretty well, compared to ULS and Trotec but you get what you pay for. Hopefully they will come get it, so you can purchase another brand.

John Lifer
01-31-2019, 2:33 PM
Tell them to come and get it. Your aren't paying for something you didn't receive. If they said Chromebook support, and it doesn't then it doesn't meet your school's specifications.
Get a Trotec or Epilog.

Clark Pace
01-31-2019, 10:43 PM
I meant glow forge. Auto txt phone correction

Bert Kemp
02-01-2019, 12:24 AM
I'm not allowed to say anything LOL:D but search my posts on FSL

Nicolas Silva
02-03-2019, 12:00 PM
time to get the school district lawyers involved.
if they have boned others then a class action might be in order. At least that's the leverage the lawyers will have.

Ross Moshinsky
02-04-2019, 10:18 PM
I do a lot of work for municipalities.

I assume you went through a purchase order process to buy this item. Purchase order process is pretty simple but effective. Vendor sends quote to School. School approves amount/item and puts in a requisition order. Requisition order goes to the Schoolboard Purchasing dept. If approved, it becomes a purchase order. Send purchase order to vendor and they sign off on it. Now we have a contract.

The contract is pretty simple. If vendor supplies what they are supposed to, they get paid. If they don't, they won't.

So at this point, assuming you went through the standard purchasing procedure, the school district is literally not allowed to release the funds because the contract is not met. The vendor has two choices, either meet the contract and get paid or void the contract and not get paid.

In this type of circumstance, the vendor would be crazy to try and bully the school. In the end, they'll never win.

Bill George
02-05-2019, 7:49 AM
Ditto what Russ said. When I was teaching at the CC when I ordered the machine or whatever I wanted, first if it was over a certain amount it had to go out for bids. Otherwise if my Dean approved it and it was on a purchase order then only after I Oked was it considered for payment. If something was wrong then the college legal staff contacted the vender first, then all said and done the State attorneys office got involved if it came to that. I would have never been trying to wheel and deal with the vender.

Dave Bonde
02-06-2019, 9:19 AM
Thanks for the input guys - I turned it over to my administration to handle.

Dave