PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly G1033zx

Paul Raffa
12-04-2005, 8:38 PM
I Am New To The Forum. I Am Considering Buying This Grizzly Planer #g1033zx, With Spiral Cutter Head. Has Anyone Any Information Regarding This Machine. Thanks For Your Help

Ken Fitzgerald
12-04-2005, 8:45 PM
Paul.....Welcome to the Creek! Neat place to exchange information and ideas!
I'm sure some of the members will be able to answer your questions. Again Welcome!

Bernie Weishapl
12-04-2005, 8:50 PM
Welcome Paul to SMC. You will get answers here from other members. It is a great place to learn and lots of good folks on here.

Tom Hamilton
12-04-2005, 8:54 PM
Hey Paul: Welcome to the Creek! Wade in and enjoy the current. Tool questions usually general a fair amount of responses, so just hang on.

You also might try the search option and see if anyone has mentioned that particular tool in the past.

Welcome, Tom

John Bailey
12-05-2005, 2:17 AM
Paul,

Welcome to the "Creek." As you will soon find out, it's the best. Sorry, can't help you with your question, and I see you haven't got an answer yet. You will, usually just enough to give you pause and confuse you. :rolleyes: But, lot's of info just the same.

John

Barry O'Mahony
12-05-2005, 3:22 AM
i've looked one over at Grizzly HQ, but never used one. Interestly, they recently stopped selling the G1033 (the one without the spiral cutterhead).

This is an "intermediate" machine; a big step up from the portables, but not quite the dual-motor monsters like the G5850Z. 'should be fine unless you plan to spend all day, every day running wood through it.

tod evans
12-05-2005, 8:59 AM
welcome paul, when i was in the planer market i gave serious thought to the helical heads. in the end the system from tersa won for my use. .02 tod

Travis Porter
12-05-2005, 9:15 AM
Can't comment on the 1033, but I have the 1021 and I have been happy with it overall. Replacement parts are high mine. For example, I needed new bolts to lock the blades to the cutterhead as I ended up rounding the originals and I believe I needed around 21 of them at 42 cents a bolt was not cheap.