PDA

View Full Version : Sailors are suckers for babies and dogs!

Ken Fitzgerald
01-23-2019, 5:55 PM
What a human interest story!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/good-news/navy-medic-reunites-with-baby-saved-from-ash-can-during-korean-war/ar-BBSAC3U?ocid=spartandhp

Al Launier
01-23-2019, 6:36 PM
And women too!

Good story indeed!

Joyce Knights
01-23-2019, 10:51 PM
Heartwarming story, I am so glad that I have read and watched this news.

Bill McNiel
01-24-2019, 7:58 PM
Thank you Ken, that story changed my day.

Frederick Skelly
01-25-2019, 4:04 PM
What a great story. Thanks for sharing that Ken!

Andrew Joiner
01-25-2019, 9:32 PM
Thanks Ken. What a beautiful story.

Stewie Simpson
01-26-2019, 3:47 AM
If you encompass a more holistic approach to the Korean War there is little to celebrate as a good story.

Casualties of the Korean War

The Korean War was relatively short but exceptionally bloody. Nearly 5 million people died. More than half of these–about 10 percent of Korea’s prewar population–were civilians. (This rate of civilian casualties was higher than World War II’s and Vietnam’s.) Almost 40,000 Americans died in action in Korea, and more than 100,000 were wounded.

Frederick Skelly
01-26-2019, 8:13 AM
If you encompass a more holistic approach to the Korean War there is little to celebrate as a good story.

Casualties of the Korean War

The Korean War was relatively short but exceptionally bloody. Nearly 5 million people died. More than half of these–about 10 percent of Korea’s prewar population–were civilians. (This rate of civilian casualties was higher than World War II’s and Vietnam’s.) Almost 40,000 Americans died in action in Korea, and more than 100,000 were wounded.

Well sure, Stewie. You're right of course. I used to know an old man who fought on the ground there. He described being caught in one of the chinese "human wave" attacks. Makes me shiver just remembering.

But this story is still a happy one - a small ray of sunlight from a dark, stormy time.

Fred

Ken Fitzgerald
01-26-2019, 2:01 PM
My attempt here was not to make any political statements of any kind.

Rather I was trying to share a story of human kindness between some US Navy corpsman, a young baby and a reunion decades later from some of those involved in the story.