PDA

View Full Version : Pool cue rack

Brent Smith
12-04-2005, 2:10 PM
Last night a friend asked me to make her a pool cue rack. She has bought a pool table as a Christmas present for her husband, but she didn't like any of the racks the store carried. She wants a free standing rack, not a wall mounted one. I've been at the drawing board for a couple of hours now and seem to be having a creative block. Anyone here have any pics or plans of ones they've made. I sure could use some kind of push to get the design process in drive. ...Thanks

Brent

Vaughn McMillan
12-04-2005, 3:02 PM
Brent, do any of the designs on this page get the creative juices flowing? Seems like a rack would be pretty sraightforward to make, even without plans.

http://www.rockwellbilliards.com/group.asp?grp=69

- Vaughn

Lee DeRaud
12-04-2005, 3:34 PM
Norm's rolling clamp cart, scaled down about 30% and made out of "nice" wood, might do as a very rough starting point.
http://www.newyankee.com/getproduct3.cgi?0207

Brent Smith
12-04-2005, 3:35 PM
Vaughn, that's just what I needed. There are a couple of them there that when taken together have given me an idea. I tried googling it and only came up with pretty boring stuff. After looking at that site I may make them a chair or 2 to go with the rack........Thanks

Brent

Bruce Page
12-04-2005, 3:36 PM
Here’s mine, it’s not what you asked for (never liked floor racks, they get knocked around with kids).

Brent Smith
12-04-2005, 3:36 PM
Thanks Lee, I was actually working with an idea similar to that but I didn't see it fitting in with their decor.

Brent

Brent Smith
12-04-2005, 3:39 PM
Bruce, that's a really nice looking rack. If it were going in my house I'd want it on the wall myself. It's hard to tell from the pic, is the top frame and panel?

Brent

Fred Voorhees
12-04-2005, 3:42 PM
Some sweet ideas! A pool cue rack is one of the projects that I had in line for this wintertime. I am a little low on space for a wall rack, but I would prefer one. I'll have to see when I get to that point.

Bruce Page
12-04-2005, 3:51 PM
Bruce, that's a really nice looking rack. If it were going in my house I'd want it on the wall myself. It's hard to tell from the pic, is the top frame and panel?

Brent
Brent, I should have done the top with frame & panel but I just routed it.