PDA

View Full Version : David Binnington Savage, 1948-2019

James Waldron
01-22-2019, 5:46 PM
David Binnington Savage died on Friday, Jan. 18, after a hard-fought battle with cancer. David was an artist, writer, furniture maker and designer.

Not everyone's cup of tea, but a force in the world of woodworking. https://blog.lostartpress.com/2017/07/12/meet-the-author-david-savage/

ken hatch
01-22-2019, 7:45 PM
Sad to hear but expected. I've been on his mailing list for years, in fact received a post on camping at the school day before yesterday. He will be missed.

ken

Frederick Skelly
01-22-2019, 7:54 PM
RIP David. We'll miss you.

Stewie Simpson
01-22-2019, 8:30 PM
One can only hope that David Savage was not an avid reader of SMC.

RIP David.

Christopher Charles
01-23-2019, 2:00 AM
Sad news indeed. I deeply appreciated his integrity toward his vision of his work and his ability to share his process with others in an instructive way.

Graham Haydon
01-23-2019, 10:31 AM
Sad news. 71 seems too young these days, all the best to his family and friends.

Charles Guest
01-23-2019, 5:58 PM
Horrible news. We've lost another great one. I did a much too short a stint with David many years ago and am much richer for the experience. He rather obviously had the 'gift' and by the time I met him it all seemed to come to him so easily. What a giant. I am so sad. One may not have liked the style in which he chose to work and create (I adored and adore it), but I can practically guarantee he could work in yours!

Kevin Adams
01-23-2019, 8:34 PM
Horrible news. We've lost another great one. I did a much too short a stint with David many years ago and am much richer for the experience. He rather obviously had the 'gift' and by the time I met him it all seemed to come to him so easily. What a giant. I am so sad. One may not have liked the style in which he chose to work and create (I adored and adore it), but I can practically guarantee he could work in yours!

Nicely said, Charles, thank you.

Kevin