PDA

View Full Version : Razertip Create a tip. Anyone familiar with this?

Forrest Price
12-04-2005, 12:03 AM
Looking into the Razertip Create a tip burner. I saw where Molly referred to it in her WD article (beautiful job Molly!) and I have a CSUSA catalog that shows it. However, when I go online to CSU, it doesn't come up.
Anyone familiar with it? Does it heat up fast enough? Reliable?
Thanks.

Ernie Nyvall
12-04-2005, 6:54 AM
Not familiar with it, but I googled Razortip and there are some reviews and places to buy.

Ernie

Jim Becker
12-04-2005, 9:53 AM
I'm also not familiar with that brand (I have a Colewood system), but as Ernie mentions..."Google can be your friend", too. You might also email Molly directly for advice. (And please post what you find here)

BTW, welcome to SMC!

Carole Valentine
12-04-2005, 10:00 AM
Looking into the Razertip Create a tip burner. I saw where Molly referred to it in her WD article (beautiful job Molly!) and I have a CSUSA catalog that shows it. However, when I go online to CSU, it doesn't come up.
Anyone familiar with it? Does it heat up fast enough? Reliable?
Thanks.

I would say it does heat up fast enough and that it is reliable. If not, Molly wouldn't use it. I have one of her little "pocket pots" and the branding with the create-a-tip she uses is exquisite...very consistent.

Forrest Price
12-04-2005, 11:27 AM
Yes, I'm familiar with Google. Just thought maybe someone here had some personal experience to draw from. Internet reviews can be biased. Molly mentioned it in her article, but it was not the unit she used on that project.
Thanks.

Bobby McCarley
12-04-2005, 2:55 PM
Hello Forrest,
I purchased my razertip in October and have been real happy with it. One of the main reasons I went with it was the make your own tip feature. Although I have not had it long enough to really put it through the paces yet, it has done well on the work I have done. It get hot plenty fast depending on the setting you put it on and reheat time is fast. I got mine from CSUSA booth at the SWAT Symposium in Texas, but the Razertip web site has more tips for it than CSUSA carries. I hope this helps some. As with all tools, there are some better and some worse, it really boils down to what you want it to do, and mine has so far.

Bobby
Louisiana