PDA

View Full Version : Working Offshore in South Louisiana

Carl Eyman
07-03-2003, 11:47 AM
Just in case any of you are thinking of changing jobs:

Lee Schierer
07-03-2003, 12:25 PM
Where can I sign up. I'd love to drive the boat! We troll for walleyes in weather like that here on Lake Erie!. :p

Bobby Hatfield
07-03-2003, 5:48 PM
Just in case any of you are thinking of changing jobs:

Carl, did you take those pic's ? Or were you on board ? Would you go back out ? Thanks but no thanks, I'll stay ashore, I did take a cruise (one day) on the USS Enterprise (CVN 65) on calm seas, loved it.

Steve Clardy
07-03-2003, 7:54 PM
Carl, did you take those pic's ? Or were you on board ? Would you go back out ? Thanks but no thanks, I'll stay ashore, I did take a cruise (one day) on the USS Enterprise (CVN 65) on calm seas, loved it.

Lets go Bob. You drive, I'll ride!!!!!!!!! Steve

Bobby Hatfield
07-03-2003, 10:26 PM
Lets go Bob. You drive, I'll ride!!!!!!!!! Steve

Steve there ain't no way you can get a saddle on that thing so that leaves me out.

Steve Clardy
07-03-2003, 10:42 PM
Steve there ain't no way you can get a saddle on that thing so that leaves me out.

Lets go. I'd like to try it once. At least watch. [ I'd probably be puking up big time in five minutes or less though.] I do not take lots of motion to well,carnival rides, etc, so maybe I'd better not go too. lol
Steve

Glenn Clabo
07-04-2003, 7:03 AM
Lets go. I'd like to try it once. At least watch. [ I'd probably be puking up big time in five minutes or less though.] I do not take lots of motion to well,carnival rides, etc, so maybe I'd better not go too. lol
Steve

Steve,
I rode tincans when I was in the Navy...work subs now... who don't handle rough seas on the surface well. Even if you aren't the puk-er...being around 'em ain't fun.

Carl Eyman
07-04-2003, 8:17 AM
Nor was I on a boat. I love the sea but like a white sail above. A little less motion would be good. These were taken Monday as Trop. Storm Bill went by. In a related incident a shrtimp boat went down in the storm, the two occupants were thrown out of their life raft, somehow made it to nearby oil platforms and were saved. What I can't figure is how do you get out of the water onto a platform without being smashed to pieces on the structure?

David LaRue
07-04-2003, 9:34 AM
Awesome pictures. I've been on pretty rough seas fishing off the coast in Florida, and nasty storms on the Great Lakes on smallish boats (under 45') including a couple of knock downs (sail boat where the top of the mast goes into the water, and you almost capsize, and sails got ripped off :() But, these pictures look like they came from the movie Perfect Storm. Wow!

P.S. Great to here about the shimpers, I heard they were lost, but I didn't hear that they were ok. Someone must have been looking over them!

Dave