PDA

View Full Version : EZCad Dongle

Kedrick Kenerly
01-18-2019, 12:12 PM
I have a bjjcz lazer with EZCad 2.7.6 running on a HP PC with Windows 7 32bit Home.

Using the drivers that came with the system, everything in the windows device manager is showing that its installed and working except for the dongle. With the dongle plugged in the usb port I get unknown device in the device manager. I could not locate any dongle install software. Since the dongle is not recognized, EZCad will only run in demo mode.

The lazer, EZcad, PC and dongle all came as one package several years ago.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kev Williams
01-18-2019, 12:25 PM
Search the software for 'doginstall'...

If you can't find it, try mine, might work, might not?

Kedrick Kenerly
01-18-2019, 1:01 PM
Thanks Kev, Installed your file, see attached. Still showing unknown device.

Bill George
01-18-2019, 1:15 PM
I thought EZcad dongle was the controller board. The software must match the board revision number. That means sometimes the newer software will not work with the older board. My software came on the USB stick.

John Lifer
01-19-2019, 3:17 PM
I thought EZcad dongle was the controller board. The software must match the board revision number. That means sometimes the newer software will not work with the older board. My software came on the USB stick.

Well, maybe. I say maybe, as I received version 2.12.1 with my machine and I've tried earlier versions (when initially working with rotary) and it wouldn't work. But I got a copy of 2.14.10 the other day and it works fine with my machine.
I do think it is controller board related for the newer versions, but maybe they've relaxed in order to upgrade from some point in software 'evolution'.

Floyd Siegal
01-25-2019, 6:29 PM
When you first plug in the USB, right-click & run the troubleshooter before continuing. Often this resolves the issue. Make sure to uninstall the previous attempt before trying again. Drag the EzCad files and drivers from your USB device onto your desktop. 2.14.10 is the latest version I believe but be aware that there are 2, maybe 3 now BJJCJ versions of the PCB and 1 or 2 can upgrade but 1 cannot. There is 1 knock-off that works with 2.14.10 but many others can't be upgraded.
Floyd at Sun-Fyr

Kedrick Kenerly
01-28-2019, 8:03 PM
Ordered a replacement dongle off aliexpress, problem fixed. Thanks for the help...