PDA

View Full Version : Delta 36-450 Table Saw

Pat Rodgers
01-17-2019, 7:49 PM
I have a Delta 10" table saw, model 36-450. I misplaced the arbor nut wrench, and when I went to order another (along with a starting to round out arbor nut) I found the parts and many others were not available. Also, what is the size of the arbor nut? I think it's 15/16. The arbor nut is on the right side and is NOT a left handed thread.

Doug Garson
01-17-2019, 7:53 PM
If you have the old nut why not just take it into Lowes or Home Depot and match it up, pick up a matching wrench while you are at it?

Mike Kees
01-18-2019, 10:14 AM
I bought a couple of arbor nuts off the bay from a guy who makes them,just go under "Unisaw". As for the wrench ,should be real easy to find in a pawn shop . The replacement nuts are wider than the original and have fit every Uni that I have tried them on. Mike.

Charles Lent
01-18-2019, 10:45 AM
You will find that the threads on a Unisaw are not standard threads, so a nut from the hardware store will not fit. The thread is a type of ACME thread. Most, if not all, Delta Unisaws and Delta Contractor saws use the same nut for right tilt saws. The left tilt all use a version for them. The special thread is the reason why they are so expensive and hard to find.

Charley