PDA

View Full Version : today in music

Warren Lake
01-16-2019, 1:56 PM
Fortunate in another lifetime I got to work with many excellent musicians. Let it go a long time as I had to then revisit it more and more. Loved doing live sound or recording many channels to a stereo mix. Different time and tech compared to today I guess the non CNC days.

Was watching and interview then looked for this based on the story. Off the map great tune, simple and powerful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc5AWImplfE

Jim Becker
01-16-2019, 2:16 PM
Yea, I hear you. There was no automation (that normal humans could afford at least) when I was doing a little live sound work as well as my own stuff. My keyboards were computerized themselves, but not at the level that they eventually attained.

Nice tune, BTW.

Keith Westfall
01-16-2019, 11:48 PM
Thanks for that! Always like Clint. Not sure if it's about me getting old, or doing things so I don't get old...

Hopefully the latter :)

Joyce Knights
01-17-2019, 1:10 AM
It is the first time that I have heard about this song and I must say its beautiful.

Ole Anderson
01-17-2019, 9:53 AM
Did a bit of recording starting in HS, now I get to run the sound console at church. It is because of songs like this that I gravitate toward country music. Toby has a bunch of them. And Clint is an icon unto himself. Thanks for the share.

Warren Lake
01-17-2019, 11:13 AM
grew up more with more advanced players and never gave country a chance, at least old country. Too simple chord wise. You listen to Steelie Dan and many others and see they are in whole other skill levels. Then I saw all the pretty boy new country stuff and listened and many great players and song writers and was more open to the older stuff.

Tons of great musicians, Brad Paisley, Vince Gill, Toby, Travis Tritt so many its hard to talk about some as you leave too many out.

You tubes down the side I saw Clint and thought id see what he is up to now. He was talking about the movie and Toby asking him about the secret to life and Clint said 'dont let the old man in". Toby said that would be a great title for a song, wrote that tune and sent it to Clint. Took a milisecond to register thats a damn good tune.

I remember a you tube where Paul McCartney said something was wearing on him at the time, his mom said dont worry about it just "Let it Be" he thought that would make a great title for a song and wrote a song around those words. Toby did the same. Shows how some people listen in life and take inspiration from the things they hear and see.