PDA

View Full Version : A Little Piece of Maple

Tom Bender
01-15-2019, 9:24 AM
401255Here's the tool to open the glue

And here is the pic rotated so it should be upright, darn, spilled it again!

Does anyone have a tool to rotate pictures after they are posted?

Jim Becker
01-15-2019, 9:42 AM
https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?258495-Why-your-photos-show-up-sideways-on-SMC

John K Jordan
01-15-2019, 2:27 PM
Does anyone have a tool to rotate pictures after they are posted?

After posted? You can edit the photo and edit the post if you don't wait too long. (I don't remember the time limit)

The tool to rotate is nearly any image editing program. I use Photoshop. If the photo may look upright at the source, embedded metadata may the target to rotate when displayed. Apparently iPhones are major culprits. Simply loading the photo into a appropriate image editing program and re-saving it (possibly with a new file name) will fix it. Photoshop Elements is cheap (and worth having for other things) but there is probably free software.

JKJ

Lee Schierer
01-15-2019, 2:55 PM
"Windows live photo gallery" works well and it is free it also has several really neat features that Photoshop doesn't have, like merge and panorama.

roger wiegand
01-15-2019, 3:01 PM
"Windows live photo gallery" works well and it is free it also has several really neat features that Photoshop doesn't have, like merge and panorama.

FWIW, both Lightroom and Photoshop have had these features forever.

Lee Schierer
01-15-2019, 4:11 PM
FWIW, both Lightroom and Photoshop have had these features forever.
In a free program?

roger wiegand
01-15-2019, 5:02 PM
In a free program?

No neither Photoshop nor Lightroom is, or, to my knowledge, has ever been free-- quite the contrary! There used to be a Photoshop Lite or some such name that was cheaper at around $100, but now it will cost you al least $10 a month forever unless you qualify for student/teacher pricing.

John K Jordan
01-15-2019, 10:22 PM
No neither Photoshop nor Lightroom is, or, to my knowledge, has ever been free-- quite the contrary! There used to be a Photoshop Lite or some such name that was cheaper at around $100, but now it will cost you al least $10 a month forever unless you qualify for student/teacher pricing.

Probably mean Photoshop Elements - it has most of the functionality of the full version.

I have the full version of PS and did get it for free - it came bundled with a scanner many, many versions ago. They don't do that any more. I was able to upgrade it for years.

JKJ