PDA

View Full Version : Retaining Login no longer available - why?

Al Launier
01-14-2019, 9:55 AM
Why am I no longer able to retain my Login when I check "Remember Me"? The SMC site will retain my Login for only a day, but it doesn't for more than a day as it used to.

Myk Rian
01-14-2019, 11:24 AM
Clear any cookies related to sawmillcreek.

Jim Becker
01-14-2019, 12:29 PM
Myk is correct. Log out. Clear the sawmillcreek cookie(s), shut down your browser and maybe even reboot your machine, re-login to SMC. This very often clears the issue...there is a "stuck bit" somewhere.

Jim
Forum Moderator

Art Mann
01-14-2019, 1:27 PM
It is a browser issue rather than a SMC issue.

Al Launier
01-22-2019, 9:52 AM
Doesn't seem to work. Now it won't retain the sign-on when I close the site & then immediately boot it up again. This was a nice convenience not having to sign-on each time.

I have W8.1 and went to Google Chrome Settings/Advanced/Privacy/Cookies and tried:

Block third-party cookies: Nothing blocked.
Block: No sites added.
Clear on exit: Added (http://.www.sawmillcreek.org (http://www.sawmillcreek.org)).

See all cookies and site data: The Sawmillcreek website was not listed as I had removed it before.

I don't know what I might have missed. Any further thoughts?

Stan Calow
01-22-2019, 10:27 AM
Mine retains for a few days.

John K Jordan
01-22-2019, 10:49 AM
I don't know what I might have missed. Any further thoughts?

Are you using any add-ons or extensions with your browser? If so, maybe try temporarily disabling them.

Do you have another browser you can try? I use FireFox with Win10 and Safari on an iPad and occasionally Chrome on an android phone. All retain the login indefinitely.

JKJ

Mike Cooper
01-22-2019, 12:06 PM
You don't want to clear the Sawmill Creek cookie on exiting the browser. That's what remembers the login information.

Al Launier
01-22-2019, 12:14 PM
You don't want to clear the Sawmill Creek cookie on exiting the browser. That's what remembers the login information.

Thank you - corrected. It now will remember.

Nope. That didn't work. Working on resetting to Chrome defaults for cookies, extensions, etc.

Remembers on Internet Explorer

Lee Schierer
01-23-2019, 5:19 AM
Thank you - corrected. It now will remember.

Nope. That didn't work. Working on resetting to Chrome defaults for cookies, extensions, etc.

Remembers on Internet Explorer

You need to clear all SMC related cookies after you reset chrome, you may have to specifically tell it to retain cookies from SMC. Firefox has new protocols that you need to allow tracking from specific sites to remember your login. SMC does not do anything with your tracking information except allow you to come back with out signing in.

Larry Frank
01-23-2019, 7:02 AM
I do not k ow if it is simply a browser issue. I am having the same issue on my Kindle with Silk browser. This just started this week.

Lee Schierer
01-23-2019, 8:44 AM
I do not k ow if it is simply a browser issue. I am having the same issue on my Kindle with Silk browser. This just started this week.

I've not had any problems using firefox on my laptop, computer, tablet or phone.

Al Launier
01-23-2019, 9:02 AM
It worked! Finally! Resetting the defaults on Chrome worked.

PS: Thanks for all your suggestions, appreciate the help.

Lee Schierer
01-23-2019, 5:03 PM
It worked! Finally! Resetting the defaults on Chrome worked.

PS: Thanks for all your suggestions, appreciate the help.

Thanks for letting us know.