PDA

View Full Version : I can offically say HI

Keith Christopher
12-03-2005, 5:33 PM
in this forum now! I've been using a friends lathe for a while and today decided to take my 15% off and go to woodcraft and buy this. 9oh and some pen blanks. :)

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b179/goyde/Lathe/DSC00918.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b179/goyde/Lathe/DSC00917.jpg

Dick Parr
12-03-2005, 5:37 PM
Welcome Keith:D Nice gloat..

How do you like the Rikon lathe so far?

Be safe and have fun.......

David Fried
12-03-2005, 5:47 PM
Keith,

Nice gloat.
You're doomed - sucked into the vortex of turning.:D

Dave Fried

Ernie Nyvall
12-03-2005, 5:51 PM
Keith, welcome to the turner's forum and congratulations on your new addiction/purchase!!!

Ernie

Chris Barton
12-03-2005, 7:13 PM
Great Gloat! Please make sure to give us all a review of the Rikon once you feel that you have clocked enough time to share...

John Miliunas
12-03-2005, 7:54 PM
Awright, Keith! You have now been officially assimilated!:D Enjoy and please, make sure you shoot us some pics of the products coming off that puppy! :) Congrats!!!:) :cool:

Bart Leetch
12-03-2005, 9:11 PM
Be careful & don't get hurt Keith. In this picture I didn't have a place to put my Jet Mini lathe & was bound & determined to try it out so I clamped it to the bed of my bigger Delta lathe. You might say I bound & determined to do it even if it Kilz me.:D

Ed Lang
12-03-2005, 9:34 PM
I would have never thought of using Kilz cans as the step stool if you had not posted your great new lathe and Bart had not posted his picture. I learn so much here;) .

For real, great new lathe and enjoy it! Be careful, they have a way of wanting a bigger brother down the road :eek:

Oh, and WELCOME

Dennis Peacock
12-03-2005, 9:46 PM
Keith,

First of all.......Congrats..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Secondly......The lathe purchase is "only the beginning". Later on, you'll find that the lathe was the cheaper part of all your lathe addicitions.

Hm-m-m-m-m-m....I need this turning tool, and this one, and this one...oh, and I need a scroll chuck, cole jaws, various sizes of jaws for the scroll chuck, chainsaw for cutting bowl blanks form wood that you've come across in your local travels, sandpaper, and finally, a very large shovel for all those lathe curlies that you will be needing to get out of your shop. :eek: :rolleyes:

Once again, CONGRATS and welcome to a wonderful side of woodworking where the cutter stays still and the wood spins, instead of the cutter spinning and the wood sitting still. ;)

Did I happen to mention that this is a GREAT Hobby..?????;) :D

Keith Christopher
12-03-2005, 11:01 PM
Welcome Keith:D Nice gloat..

How do you like the Rikon lathe so far?

Be safe and have fun.......

Thanks, well so far I love it. One of the reasons I picked this one up over the delta for a few reasons,:

1) the levers are all metal not plastic
2) 6.5" over bed to center
3) EASE of changing the belt for speed adjustments.
4) Green is my fav color. ;)

...Congrats...

Thanks ! I no longer have to wait to get time on a lathe. ;) Oh and saving for the his big brother has already begun.

Keith

The only downside this far I see is the motor is under the bed and it collects alot of saw dust. But it's a minor thing ATM. It is well built and so far works excellent!.

John Hart
12-03-2005, 11:06 PM
Congratulations Keith!!!! Oh what a tangled web we weave....

Bob Yarbrough
12-04-2005, 10:38 AM
I bought the same lathe a few weeks ago, and finding out about the addiction. Be safe and ahve fun.

Bob

Andy Hoyt
12-04-2005, 11:28 AM
Keith. Welcome. Please study this attached graphic closely. It's not too early to reconsider:D

Kurt Forbes
12-05-2005, 2:31 PM
If I were just getting into the slide I would have picked that Rikon lathe to get teh slide started. It has everything I think you need in a small lathe. really a nice gloat.

Bob Noles
12-05-2005, 3:24 PM
Bummer.... Mine is still on a truck out there somewhere.

Welcome to the balck hole :eek:

Keith Burns
12-06-2005, 5:02 PM
Hot dang...another one bites the dust:D :eek: :D