PDA

View Full Version : SpaceX launch

Michael Weber
01-11-2019, 2:55 PM
Just watched the latest SpaceX launch/recovery/deployment live on YouTube. Amazingly clear video quality. They had positioned several cameras for different feeds throughout the 1 1/4 hour sequence from liftoff to deployment of payload. The YouTube channel is "Space & Universe" for those that might be interested. They give a good show

Myk Rian
01-11-2019, 3:41 PM
Watching a rocket launch is on my bucket list. A SpaceX launch would be the creme of the crop.
It takes the Big Boys to play that game.

There is a launch of the Dragon crew module in Feb. No exact date that I saw. Hmmm. Vacation?
Mix that with the Daytona 500 and I'm a happy boy.

Myk Rian
01-11-2019, 4:18 PM
Linky
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dnt-iyQNfsU

Bruce Page
01-11-2019, 5:13 PM
I never miss a launch if I can help it. I was part of a launch team for several launches out of Alaska & Hawaii before I retired. Nothing as big as the Falcon 9 but still some serious stuff with modified ICBM’s. I’m the guy standing to the right in my avatar.

Frederick Skelly
01-11-2019, 6:05 PM
I never miss a launch if I can help it. I was part of a launch team for several launches out of Alaska & Hawaii before I retired. Nothing as big as the Falcon 9 but still some serious stuff with modified ICBM’s. I’m the guy standing to the right in my avatar.

Bruce, I've always wondered - what missile is that you are standing next to?

Bruce Page
01-11-2019, 6:54 PM
Fred, it’s a modified Minuetman.

Correction: It is a Polaris A3. The Minuteman was the previous launch. Getting old ain’t for sissy’s :rolleyes:

John Goodin
01-12-2019, 1:57 AM
Grew up in Orlando watching shuttle launches from 60 miles away. The best ones were at night, you could read a book at because lit up the sky so bright. Very cool memory.

Bruce Page
01-12-2019, 2:40 PM
They are cool to watch. Here’s a pic of a very cold winter launch from the Kodiak launch complex from 2 miles away. The low pitch roar makes your chest rumble. For scale, the tower to the left is a 17 story rocket assembly building.

Larry Frank
01-12-2019, 9:03 PM
I love seeing the launch but am totally amazed when they land the first stage on a barge.

Chuck Wintle
01-13-2019, 11:58 AM
Just watched the latest SpaceX launch/recovery/deployment live on YouTube. Amazingly clear video quality. They had positioned several cameras for different feeds throughout the 1 1/4 hour sequence from liftoff to deployment of payload. The YouTube channel is "Space & Universe" for those that might be interested. They give a good show
There is scheduled a Falcon Heavy launch in early April according to Gunters Space Page. Spacex have really stepped up the number of launches. :D

lowell holmes
01-14-2019, 9:33 AM
But it sure beats the alternative.:)

Chuck Wintle
01-14-2019, 9:42 AM
?? :confused:

Myk Rian
01-14-2019, 11:23 AM

What does?