PDA

View Full Version : HP Photosmart 3210xi Color Printer

lowell holmes
01-09-2019, 11:15 PM
I have one 2 or 3 years old. When I try to use it, it shows a paper jam message and will not print.

Does anyone know what this is all about? It is also a copier as well as printer.

Barry McFadden
01-10-2019, 8:20 AM
Possibly a small piece of paper or dirt on the jam sensor?

Note: When I search the HP website for a repair manual it says it no longer supports that model because it's over 10 years old?

Bill Orbine
01-10-2019, 5:24 PM
Are you referring to your manual for troubleshooting? With some printers, there are more than one access panel/door that you may have missed. And with some printers, it needs to see all the access panels opened and closed to resolve the paper jam even though you probably cleared the jam.

Joyce Knights
01-10-2019, 6:58 PM
I can't also find a manual with regards to the paper jam issue, try to contact HP support maybe they can give you an instruction on how to solve the issue.

Lee DeRaud
01-11-2019, 7:48 PM
Are you by any chance trying to feed a single sheet of paper (e.g. to print one photo)? GF's Canon has the same symptom: it really doesn't like feeding with less than 1/8" or so of paper in the tray.

lowell holmes
01-15-2019, 3:12 PM
I have resolved the issue.
I had a jamb, tried to clear it, but only knew of one door.
After I found the second door in back side of the printer, opened it, found a piece of paper in it,
and voila, it was fixed.

You do know that old dogs can be slow on the uptake. Old age sure beats the alternative though.

Bill Orbine
01-15-2019, 3:22 PM
After I found the second door in back side of the printer, opened it, found and piece of paper in it,
and voila, it was fixed.

You do know that old dogs can be slow on the uptake. Old age sure beats the alternative though.

It's nice to get the solutions from the members here on this forum! Glad you found the problem!;)

Lee DeRaud
01-15-2019, 3:33 PM
After I found the second door in back side of the printer, opened it, found and piece of paper in it,
and voila, it was fixed.The annoying ones are when there are multiple doors and the printer's firmware won't clear the error code until you open and close all of them, regardless of where the jam is actually located. My old multi-function machine would always jam at the same easily-accessible spot, but I always had to pull it out from the wall to open a normally unused door before it would continue printing.

lowell holmes
01-15-2019, 3:38 PM
Maybe this string will help some body with a similar problem.

In the future, I will always look for a second door.
By the way,my printer is really a good one, and I am happy with it.

Old sleepy dogs tend to live in a fog and must remember to stay sharp.