PDA

View Full Version : Delta LA200

Bernie Weishapl
12-03-2005, 10:48 AM
I have another question on lathes. My brother called me this morning and said he can get me a Delta Midi LA200 with bed extension for $150 shipped. My brother is a Physical Therapist and this guy is a patient of his. He said the guy took it out of the box started to cut a spindle and hasn't used it since because of his accident. I see these are selling for about $220 up just for the lathe and another $50 for the bed extension. What do you think? I know it is not a Jet, etc. but looks pretty good for the money. Thanks.

John Miliunas
12-03-2005, 11:11 AM
Bernie, while "window shopping" in my local Woodcraft, I've seen and layed hands on the little Delta. You're right that, it may not be quite as sophisticated as the Jet but, for $150.00 delivered, you really can't go wrong! It's still a stout little lathe! I wouldn't mind having one just for doing smaller stuff on it. For that kind of $$$, I'd jump on it before someone else does!!! Just my $00.02...:) :cool:

Jim Becker
12-03-2005, 11:52 AM
I agree with John. Excellent deal.

Andy Hoyt
12-03-2005, 11:34 PM
Go for it, Bernie!

Will you have to pay extra for the blood splatters?:cool:

Bernie Weishapl
12-04-2005, 12:07 AM
Naw Andy. No blood on the lathe. From what my brother said he works in A/C & Heating and a big A/C fell on his hand. Messed it up pretty bad. He was told he may never regain full use of it. Kinda felt sorry for him not being able to do woodworking. My brother bought his bandsaw, planer, and jointer.

John Hart
12-04-2005, 6:42 AM
It's a shame that he won't have the opportunity to experience the pleasure. Sounds like a great deal for you though Bernie.